Sign in to follow this  
grnlark

Gemco Big Boy

grnlark

I saw this tractor at a recent show and it's been one of those things that I haven't been able to get out of my mind since. It took me a few weeks to make a reasonable deal with the guy that owned it and I finally brought it home last weekend. It seems to be a very rare machine. From research I have done and emails I've recieved from other collectors, it appears there has only been one other Big Boy know to exist and the last sighting of that one was back in 2007. I just thought it was cool and a perfect addition to my "odd ball" collection. I was also able to track down the original owner so I know the full history of it as well.

• Like 1

stevebo

Matt,

You love those oddball machines. That one is right up your alley. Looks very nice and original. Nice score !!

VinsRJ

I've got to tell you my brother pulls some of the stupidest things out of random backyards, crappy sheds, forgotten out houses...... but snagging this thing was a score!

Trust him when he says its received a lot of chatter about it.

DaveB

Wow Matt I can't believe you scored the Gemco Big Boy. I all but forgot about it from the show. Nice job!

fireman

Looks like the Ponds copied the Gemco's front-end. Looks almost identical :)

JimD

What a great find. It resembles a Wheel Horse at first glance. Runs nice. Areal conversation piece. :)

rickv1957

Very nice machine for sure!!,Rick

btrrg1969

Very cool :)

dw1973

What model Briggs was originally installed on the Gemco? A friend of mine has one without the original motor. Any help with engine tag numbers info would be appreciated.

grnlark

What model Briggs was originally installed on the Gemco? A friend of mine has one without the original motor. Any help with engine tag numbers info would be appreciated.

I don't remeber off the top of my head, but I'll take a look at the tag again tonight and post the numbers.

AMC RULES

Might revive the company if GM were to put these Big Boys back into production. :) Cool find. :thumbs:

55HorseTeef

I've had the same tractor for years now.Neat little machine,and very comfortable to ride.I love the chain steering and drive train,and all the oil cups and oil holes.I've never been able to date it tho.Mine has a 41/2hp Briggs decal on the gas tank.Any literature you mite have or info would be great.

Wheel-N-It

Now thats a special little tractor. I would have to keep that one in my Man Cave at home. Yep it would be warm in the winter and cool in the summer!

jay in nc

is this the one that was in LAGT mag a few months ago? anyway NICE little tractor. Jay

tractornut86

A friend of mine has 4 of them and they are all for sale. Also not long ago on Pittsburg craigslist there was one with no hood and a newer 8hp briggs and a snow blade on it. They are a nice odd ball tractor.

bowtiebutler956

Very nice find Matt! :thumbs: I notice it has an aluminum Briggs on it. I didn't know Briggs was using those in 1950. Shows what I know. :ROTF:

Matt :flags-texas: