Sign in to follow this  
MID-TN-857

Old Wheel Horse -- Help I.D. ---

MID-TN-857

Please help me I.D. my tractor. It has (K181S) on the motor, Serial number 8080453, Spec. No. 30108D, Starter Delco Remy, Anderson Ind. 101973 6A28,

Mower Deck RM425 146080, Tires 23x8.5x12.

It mows great (3 blades). Since getting the trator I also have bought a disc and a harrow that goes under the tractor were the deck is now I orginally had gone to look at some old lug tires-they were old alright. I'm afraid to take the deck off I don't think I could ever get the belts back on correct plus I don't have the proper hardware on the front of the tractor to mount it. I only bought the harrow because implements seem to be hard to come by in Tennessee, maybe I can trade it for some other implement.

I have really enjoyed looking at all the info. on the this site.

I know some one can give me some history on the tractor, it seems to an all original engine.

Thanks

Jim

C-Series14

That spec number was used on the 854, 855, and 875. That is all I can tell ya, don't know diddly about the old ones. :D

Oh...don't wanna forget the obvious...

:thumbs:

JUSS10

seems like pictures are the best way to identify things around here. do you know how to post pictures?

MID-TN-857

I need to get take pictures. I have to read up on posting them.

I am new to the back sleeve hitch, the cable is coming out of a metal tube in the back, it is not connected to anything in the front, I know it goes the lifting arm somewhere.

If it's not an 857 I'll have to change my name.

TT

Did you happen to check under the dash housing for the ID tag?

MID-TN-857

I just went down and got the info. from under the dash.

MOD. T856

SERIAL 253822

I guess I'll have to change my name to MID-TN-856 now.

Any idea of the year ?

Thanks for all the info.

Terry my harrow looks very similar to the one under your tractor. Mine has 4 tines.

It also has a small piece of metal coming off of the fame of he harrow with a hole in it. I assume it hooks to a lift cable of some kind.

Any info. on how it hooks up wold be appreciated. I know I need the hardware on the front of the tractor.

smokin joe

its a 1966

MID-TN-857

Thanks, 1966 and still going strong. They sure don't make them like that these days.

TT

Sounds like you have the front section of the cultivator set. The year/design of the front frame will determine which mounting brackets you'll need. The first generation used solid plates that bolted to the sides of the tractor frame and "captured" the pivot pin between them. If it's new enough, it will snap into the same speed hitch used to attach the mower deck.

Here's a pic of a much newer version:

cults002.jpg

The front section lifts via a solid link between the arm you mentioned and the forward-facing arm of the lift lever shaft. You can also use a piece of chain since you can apply down pressure with your feet. (carefully, of course)

Here's a link to the illustrated parts list for the old-style cultivators: LINK

MID-TN-857

Thanks Terry,

The only differnece in my is the lift arm is shorter and angled up more. I'll have to really look under it to see what addidtional hardware I need. May also just sell or trade it.

MID-TN-857

UPDATE ON 856----Pictures addedIMG_3877-1.jpg

IMG_3876-1.jpgIMG_3875-1-1.jpg

Duff

Jim, that's one very nice, solid looking machine. I don't think I'd be in a hurry to get rid of it..... :USA:

Duff :)

rickv1957

Nice looking tractor!!! :) Rick

btrrg1969

:)

MID-TN-857

Thanks everyone, she cleans up pretty well, no leaks runs great. I would really like to find a small turning plow. I'm also in the market for a set of old lug tires, I've found an old set of rims. It is fun to mess around with - as you all know.

tgranthamfd

:) You did good, looks really nice and solid. Is that a :USA: disc?

MID-TN-857

It is a old disc, it has original red paint. I could not find any I.D. anywhere on it. It has grease fittings and a sleeve hitch also has 3 point hook-up.