Sign in to follow this  
snowhound

Clutch switch

snowhound

Could someone tell me where the clutch safety switch is located. My son is having starting problems with his 1978 C81 and I think it is the clutch safety switch but would like some idea of where it is located before starting tearing the tractor apart to test it.

Thanks,

Ed

Sparky

I believe its a small ball/push type switch located down by the clutch pedal. If I'm right its just to the right of the pedal and a tab on the pedal hits it when the clutch is pushed pushed down.

Your tractor is model# 81-08K801 . Enter it here exactly as i typed it https://lookup3.toro.com/partdex/index.cfm for some good parts drawings.

Mike............

C-Series14

Under the right side belt cover. If you look under the shifter lever, you will see the wiring and the back of the switch. When you depress the clutch, the clutch arm rotates forward and the switch bracket on the clutch arm depresses the switch...

snowhound

Finally got time to work on the tractor, it was the clutch safety switch that was keeping it from starting. Just had to make a minor adjustment and it is running fine. My son is real happy now he doesn't have to mow with a push mower.

Thanks for the replies, knowing where to look made it a quick and easy fix.

Ed

C-Series14

Another satisfied WH owner!!! :)