Sign in to follow this  
jst1more

C-100 seat

jst1more

The seat on my C-100 is failing fast. Surprisingly the upholstered bottom seat cushion and the upper backrest piece are in great shape, but the metal seat pan that they both attach to is about to break completely in two. I see that the complete seats are pricey on eBay, and I'm looking at three options:

1. find if someone has just the metal pan part of the seat without the two cushions that they would sell at a reasonable price.

2. see what you guys recommend for a non-wheel horse replacement seat that I could bolt on and go

3. take it to a welding shop to get it beefed up

Thanks,

Scott

in northwest IN

JimD

Tractor Supply sells replacement seats at a reasonable price. I bought a couple two years ago for 50 bucks each. They were worth it.

Retired Wrencher

:thumbs: :D:D:thanks: Hi Scot what I do is if u know some one who is a metal fabricator or as I call it a tin knocker and he does work on the side they can make u a new one. I have pic`s to show u if needed. I had a seat done. metal work was $60.00 and the leather was $90.00 so it can be done. if u want to have it original. T/C Gary B>>>>>>>>>>>>

rickv1957

Your seat pan should be able to be repaired as long as it is solid,Rick

jst1more

thanks guys for the ideas, I'll see if I can get my neighbor to do a little repair and welding this weekend--he works pretty cheap--for firewood

scott