Sign in to follow this  
ericschevy

42" Dozer Blade Application

ericschevy

Hey guys, I need your help again.

Can you tell me where to get and what kind of rear axle bracket I need to put this blade on my c-141? I found one on e-bay but I have no idea if it will work because I don't know what I'm looking for.

http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/grd/1830185098.html

TT

That particular blade is for a short frame tractor. (wheel base is 4" shorter than your C series) You would need to fabricate an extension for the rear of the mounting frame to allow the blade to be angled without hitting the front tires.

On that same subject, the early blades only had a three position angle quadrant - straight ahead, or full angle in either direction. That's not really a critical issue, but I prefer having the "in-between" setting for certain jobs - especially heavy snow, which tends to shove the front of the tractor sideways more when the blade is at full angle.

The lever used to angle the blade is made for a tractor with stirrup footrests and would also need modified to work with the full-length footrests on your C.

The rear axle mount for the "old" blades hooked to the ends of the rod sticking outside of the mounting frame. Since you have to extend the mounting frame for the longer tractor, you could just make it fit the "standard" rear Attach-Matic hitch for your C - which fits inside the blade frame side rails.

This would be the bracket you need:

eBay rear Attach Matic hitch link

ericschevy

Thanks Terry I appreciate it..

Would it fit a T856 without modification?

TT

Absolutely. :thumbs:

ericschevy

Absolutely. :thumbs:

Well then I better get it, for $65 I can't go wrong.. :D