1. new isomounts

2. new gas cap

3. axle seal

Things I am going to go ahead and replace

4. points

5. condenser

6. plunger rod

7. points cover gasket

And replace my brother's NOS metal fuel pump.

tgranthamfd

Hey the video got through uploading. Never mind the hillbilly's. That's me you see and gwgdog66 (my brother) that you hear. We had fun with it. Thanks for all you guys help, and thanks for looking. Here ya go.

[url=http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn23/tgranthamfd/Wheel%20Horse%20Videos/?action=view

gwgdog66

Well I think we got her running pretty good. It would run like a champ for 15 mins. then loose it's prime at the fuel pump. We had already changed the tranny oil and filter, engine oil, and added a fuel filter. Put the 42" SD deck on it and went at it. made 2 passes, the length of my yard, and it died and wouldn't start. we primed it and pulled it into the shed, changed the gas cap and went at it again, same thing. When I filled it with fresh gas I noticed a little disk down in it. We decided it wasn't supposed to be there, so I drained the tank, pulled it, and dumped it out in a bucket. What do I find, it was the little disk that goes in the top of your gas can spout, you know when you had to put the spout down in the can, the little cap that went on either end. Said that must be the problem since the different gas caps did not effect it, right. Put it back together and the same thing. Ended up pulling the fuel pump and tyring a metal one that my brother had, and now it runs more that 15 mins. Problem was, on the plastic replacement pumps, they came with a thicker gasket to keep the engine heat from boiling the gas out of the pump, and the P.O. had a regular thickness gasket on it. This is the only thing we could figure out. Has this happened to anyone else? Took a video of the initial testing, but it is still uploading to photo bucket, I'll put it up in a few. It shows me going up and down a couple of steep hill, testing the hydro. Thanks

:D Did you find all the wrenches I threw across the back yard ? That fuel delivery issue had me :thumbs: for a while.

tgranthamfd

Well I think we got her running pretty good. It would run like a champ for 15 mins. then loose it's prime at the fuel pump. We had already changed the tranny oil and filter, engine oil, and added a fuel filter. Put the 42" SD deck on it and went at it. made 2 passes, the length of my yard, and it died and wouldn't start. we primed it and pulled it into the shed, changed the gas cap and went at it again, same thing. When I filled it with fresh gas I noticed a little disk down in it. We decided it wasn't supposed to be there, so I drained the tank, pulled it, and dumped it out in a bucket. What do I find, it was the little disk that goes in the top of your gas can spout, you know when you had to put the spout down in the can, the little cap that went on either end. Said that must be the problem since the different gas caps did not effect it, right. Put it back together and the same thing. Ended up pulling the fuel pump and tyring a metal one that my brother had, and now it runs more that 15 mins. Problem was, on the plastic replacement pumps, they came with a thicker gasket to keep the engine heat from boiling the gas out of the pump, and the P.O. had a regular thickness gasket on it. This is the only thing we could figure out. Has this happened to anyone else? Took a video of the initial testing, but it is still uploading to photo bucket, I'll put it up in a few. It shows me going up and down a couple of steep hill, testing the hydro. Thanks

:D Did you find all the wrenches I threw across the back yard ? That fuel delivery issue had me :thumbs: for a while.

Nope, got all the parts ordered though. Why do they take so long to get here from TX.? Some of the parts are the same for this one and the 05GT, like the hubs. if I ever need them. Axle seal are higher than a cats A_ _ for the 80 model

bustedglass

Clicked on your video page. - Got a photo bucket note that the operation had failed ????? :thumbs: .

gwgdog66

Clicked on your video page. - Got a photo bucket note that the operation had failed ????? :thumbs: .

I got the same message.

He has it posted in the Picture Gallery in the Video section.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?...=0entry167329