Sign in to follow this  
HankB

Great Lakes Wheel Horse Show

HankB

We're in! :thumbs:

Lots of tractors are already set up. Here's some of what's going on.

All set up and ready to show!

DSC_2479.JPG

Lots of interesting tractors

DSC_2482-PP.JPG

Corn on the cob tomorrow:

DSC_2472.JPG

Good progress on my generator mount :D

DSC_2476-PP.JPG

And the weather continues to be fantastic! (Good thing I brought something with long sleeves.)

Butch

Thanks for the pics Hank!! Bring some more. You can NEVER over do it!!

woodys3b

Just got home from my first Wheel Horse show. What a great day. So much better than I could have imagined. It was nice to see all the hardware and put faces to some of the names here at Red Square but he highlight was the willingness of everyone to just talk about their stuff. I learned so much about the breed. I'll be back next year for sure. In the mean time, I have to find another horse to mount those new tires that I'm about to win in the raffle on! :thumbs:

HankB

What a super looking bunch of guys and gal!

DSC_2552-PP.JPG

VinsRJ

Looks like a great turn out! I know a number of the mugs :thumbs: in the group shot but the others...................

Sparky

Lookin good guys! When the shows over and your back to posting someone needs to give us some names to go with those faces.

Mike.............

HankB

Lookin good guys! When the shows over and your back to posting someone needs to give us some names to go with those faces.

Mike.............

Hank, Henry, Duke, Kelly, Steve...

:thumbs:

rickv1957

Looks like lots of fun and a great turnout,keep the pictures coming! :thumbs: Rick

Buzz

I was wondering why Dale wasn't in the picture :thumbs: then I saw the sunlight reflecting off something in the back row................ :D

How many 'Horses did you have show up?

mowerman1193

I went yesterday and set up some of my craft woodworking stuff until we got the short rain fall.. Then I just packed up and enjoyed the show. Waited around to see who would win the tires and the desk clock I made..then I split..Sadly I forgot to bring my camera.

last I heard there was ( I believe ) 109 Horse's there..

I had a great time but next year I am going to be prepaired and bring a few tractors and also set up my crafts for sale and a canopy to set under. I don't normally burn but setting at my booth for only about 1.5 hours before the rain, I got burnt.. That's what I get for a last minute decision I guess..

Met a lot of the members from here, lots of nice people..

Kevin

JimD

Nice pics, but what's with the big red balloon right smack dab in the middle of the group shot? :thumbs: Sorry Steve, i couldn't stop myself. :D:D Ohhh I am soooooo gonna pay for that. :thanks:

Gerry w

Great trip and always good to see the folks from the site! Kathy and I am still in MI. Visting her folks but will be making the 14hr. Trip back tomorrow and I will try to post pics at that time.

And yes, a Honda WILL swallow a late model short frame whole!! with plow and mower deck!! Hopefully one of the five folks that saw this happen will post pics, there was still room left over!

it always amazes me how close of a community the people of this site are, willing to help or quick to share a laugh. Kathy felt truly welcomed and a part of everything. MJ, your the best, thanks for the baked goods.

Scott, thanks for the ride for the 1047, couldn't have done it without you! and great to meet you as well.

Rollerman, Stephen, thanks sooo much, it was good to meet you and Wildbill. Pats creation will have a good home and be well taken care of!

Dale and Bobbi, you guys are the best! thanks for keeping your clothes on Dale!!!

Dave, Terri, Burrly, Steve, everyone else, can't wait till the next time! This show is already marked down for the date for next year!

OH! And Duke, you can tell that cold hearted BIT

Curmudgeon

Umm, Buzz, are you trying to say something? :thanks:

Gerry, your words are kind, your actions kinder. :thumbs:

MJ? Well, she was dying for a repeat of last winter, I mean, ALL THOSE SUGGESTIONS!!! :D

Might have went for the dance, but well, I don't, and then Kelly mentioned something about a dress code.... :D

HankB

I've gone through everything I took pictures of there and posted them at http://picasaweb.google.com/hbarta/GreatLa...feat=directlink

I do have one more. It will be a stitched panorama of all of the wheel horses on display, if it comes out. But I can't work on that until I get home where I have a little more computer horsepower at my disposal. I''m doing this from a netbook.

I know other folks had cameras too. (hint... hint)

I had a blast and it was great to put some faces with the handles.

DSC_2494-800.jpg

Suburban 550

Thanks for the pics, Hank. :D Looks to be a great show and hopefully I'll get out there next year. Good to see the Redsquare guys and gals having a great time. :thumbs:

Butch

:thumbs: :D for the RS group pic!!

Thanks Guys!

Now ya gotta label them!!

Butch

Getting old sucks. In the group photo I saw that young boy and thought I had seen him somewhere before. DUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH just a few posts before that one!!

Butch

Someone please tell me that Buzz has more Senior moments than I do! :thumbs:

stevasaurus

What a super looking bunch of guys and gal!

DSC_2552-PP.JPG

I'll start to put the names with the faces here...there are a few I don't remember. Hank got a great picture here, so I would recommend sending either him or me a PM : and we can edit the list. :thumbs:

knelling:

TJ, GlenJeri, MJ, Perry, Horsefixer, Buckrancher, Gerry W, Kelly's son, Kelly, Gene Haasman

standing:

marvairplanes, Bob, Hank B's son Henry, thirdroc17, stevasaurus, DClark, JoeBob, Hank B, WHfan74, brrly1, Rollerman, Carl , ?

Pretty good, knowing I have as many senior moments as Butch. Great meeting all you people. :D

Curmudgeon

As I recall, there were AT LEAST 7 cameras pointing at us!!!!!! There should be plenty of versions of the same basic shot.

Curmudgeon

Oh, and the second one from the left kneeling is Glenn P.

whfan74

First standing is Marv (marvairplanes)

dclarke

in the group photo the guy standing 2nd from the left in the dark blue shirt, his name was Bob, he didn't give a last name but he said he was from Holland Mi.i might be wrong but from talking to him i don't believe he is a member of this forum. if he is i'm sure he'll chime in and correct me. Denny.

stevasaurus

Thanks Scott & Denny :thumbs:

stevasaurus

Mike.............

Hank, Henry, Duke, Kelly, Steve...

:thumbs:

Hank...I got to tell ya... :D:D :thanks: