Sign in to follow this  
jdog_kustoms

parts parts parts

jdog_kustoms

:D as you all know i am startin my salvage buisness but i have a question for you all i am looking in to getting a sand blast cabnet and presurised tank was wondering if you guys would pay more for the parts if i would blast them and shoot them with primer make it easyer for you but is there a primer that most paint will adhere to or uyou think just blast and sell :thumbs:

gattonde

I for one would rather pay a little more and not have to deal with cleaning and painting it. Of course I do not have access to a sand blaster, and other's may have there own opinion. I think you could make it an option to sell it blasted and primed or as is.

Dan

stoneman

I'd probably suggest leaving them alone. Offer them as is and charge extra if they'd like it blasted and primed. I'd definitely get that cabinet and canister from mark if you can. You'll make money with it. I do a lot of blasting with my stone work. It's my least favorite thing to do. I built a room in the shop with an exhaust fan and it's a lot better now. Let me know if you get it and I can give you a few tips. peace . . . scott :thumbs:

Coadster32

I would pay a few bucks more for less work later. The more work to do, the more procrastination sets in. I do agree to have it be an option for the buyer though. Some people like to do their own work. Good luck. :thumbs:

shallowwatersailor

I agree. Not having the means to sandblast myself, I would pay extra for the service. It would save me the trouble of finding a shop that would do the job for me.

John

sorekiwi

I would offer the parts unblasted and if you want to offer the blasting for an extra fee.

There are plenty of people with tractors with old paint that would prefer a part with old paint as well.

New paint looks like crap next to old paint (or should that be the other way around?? :thumbs: )

IMG_2842small.jpg

Roger from southern Iowa

I feel that giving the option would be the way to go. :thumbs:

jdog_kustoms

ok ill have that option andf tyo think this is just a hobby :thumbs:

jwilbt

I agree with giving the option. I have a blast cabinet and wouldn't like to have to pay for something I can do myself, but more to the point, I get paint projects stacked up here and there, or maybe I want to wait a year while gathering other components and by the time I get to painting, the blasted and primed piece is dinged up and maybe has rust started. Personally, I always like to start with my own bare metal, do my own metal prep, blast, prime, and paint all in one fell swoop when I do a project like that. And, as I think someone else mentioned there are potential compatibility issues with what you lay down for primer and what we use for top coat. Then of course you must offer the primed, and even painted options so I suggest the choice and establish your price points accordingly. In any case, best of luck!

rickv1957

I feel that giving the option would be the way to go. :thumbs:

I agree on the option, :D Rick

jpmcleod

How do you and other decide what a part is worth. I try to sell a few now and then but don't want to try to overcharge anybody, so some time I just give them away for the cost of postage because I don't kow what a fair price would be.

jdog_kustoms

i look at what othere sold for or just ask what they think is fair if they are a stand up gentalmen they will give you an honest opinion it might be a littlwe lower then the last sale but 10 dollars in your poket is better then 0 even it jim bob sells them for 50

Duff

I agree with giving the option. ........

And, as I think someone else mentioned there are potential compatibility issues with what you lay down for primer and what we use for top coat......

I, too, would pay a few extra dollars for a part that had been blasted and primed since I don't have a cabinet or ready access to one. :D

So here's what I'd toss out for an idea: depending on what you have for painting equipment, have the potential customer tell you what he (or she!) is planning on using for a top coat then let them know if you can prime to match and price accordingly.

JMHO..... :D

Duff :thumbs: .

octfst

I would offer the option. matching paint is tough and if the part is for a tractor thats not being restored old paint looks better.