Sign in to follow this  
dandan111

wheel weights

dandan111

I know nobody ever whants to talk about it,but how much should a set

of wheel horse front and rear wheel weights be worth. I would like to

put a set on my 654 and know they are both salty and hard to find.

I understand the supply and demand concept but can we get a ball park

value?

thanks guys

JoeMonag

Two years ago I paid $ 67.00 on e-bay for a rusty set of 55lb ea. cast iron weights

The guy was local so I could go and pick them up, so no shippping cost. The are now primed, painted Red and on my 310-8. So if you can get them local, you save on shipping charges, which can be as much as the cost of the weights.

Joe in Norton, MA

wallfish

The fronts are harder to find and I've seen them go for over $125. I paid $100 for my rear weights. Still searching for fronts. I'm talking about the older cast WH weights with the lines in them.

Kelly

I have 3 sets of WH cast rears I paid $55 for one set off CL, I bought a tractor for $200 that had a set on it, and I bought a trailer load of stuff with a set and sold most of the stuff off so the weight are about free now, I have 2 sets of cast front weights one set I paid $40 for the other I paid $75 for, but I've seen rears bring $200 and fronts $150 check you local dealer they I beieve can still be bought new.

rickv1957

Factory wheel weights can be expensive at 200.00 for a complete set,Rick

Arndts small engine repair

Hi i paid over $100 for Factory wheel weights ! :thumbs: :D

hcminis

I paid $25.00 for a rear set of weights and chains. They are the plastic covered style but still work great. Center decal blew off when I washed them but have it and put new adhesive on them. Should be good to go.

GlenPettit

Steel Weights will run a full $1/pound or more, buying local saves the expensive shipping, and to find a pair on a junker tractor from a local person will probably give you the best deal. Liquid filled tires are much less expensive if you do it yourself, and Rim Guard is just under $1/#.

The plastic you-fill-with-sand are available from Sears for about $40 pair, less used.

Audioshot

Yeah, water fill them like GlenJeri said. Just install a TR618a valve and fill the tires with water/anifreeze about 80%.

WHC-125

The fronts are harder to find and I've seen them go for over $125. I paid $100 for my rear weights. Still searching for fronts. I'm talking about the older cast WH weights with the lines in them.

Hey John if your still interested I still have those wheel weights from the show :thumbs:

Arndts small engine repair

Hi i do have the 12" plastic covered style ones ! :thumbs: :D