Sign in to follow this  
capn knuckles

What snow plow do i get?

capn knuckles

JUST FINISHED UP MY 657,AND WAS WONDERING WHAT PLOWS WILL FIT MY TRACTOR.IS MINE A LONG OR SHORT FRAME TRACTOR.DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY PICTURES OF A SNOW PLOW THAT WOULD FIT MINE.OH YEAH I HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION FOR YOU ALL.MY TRACTOR IS ELECTRIC START,HOWEVER IT WILL START THE TRACTOR BUT WONT SHUT IT OFF.AFTER LOOKING AT THE KEY SWITCH THE PRONG ON THE BACK THAT IS SUPPOSE TO KILL IT BROKE OFF.BECAUSE IM CHEAP,IS THERE A WAY TO WIRE IN A ON/OFF TOGGLE SWITCH.THANKS

Docwheelhorse

Tractor is a short frame and would take a "short frame" snow plow. Your toggle switch would have one end connected to ground and the other connected to the broken off tab you found. Get in your boat and go for a ride to Candy Island with Flapjack and get all your parts... then get him to help you. :thumbs: That last line will make no sense to you unless your Capn Knuckles screen name is reffering to The mis adventures of Flapjack---just wondering

Tony

capn knuckles

:thumbs: LMAO!!!!!!!See what you get when a 8yr old runs the tv in your home.Well funny you mention candied island,because i set sail with Buby about an hour ago.No really,Thanks for the info.Hey on my motor theres a little fuse board where the key switch wires in,there a wire coming out (i assume the kill from key switch) would hook that to the toggle and then a ground from the toggle?

capn knuckles

I found a plow,it from a 1056-1057(1967) are those long or short frame?

Docwheelhorse

I believe that will fit without a problem as the 1055/1056/1057 tractors where the first large engine shortframes. Also---I only know about Flapjack because I have a 10 and a 7 year old--- Don't tell anybody but some of the stories are hilarious--- :thumbs: The one about the rich kid throwing diamonds down the sewer comes to mind... but I digress :D

Docwheelhorse

Sorry, should of answered the question in the last post.... that board on your engine is the charging diodes... I don't know if the wire coming off of it is the ignition kill wire or the wire that goes to the battery through the keyswitch for charging.... you better be careful so you don't "cook" the diodes... they are hard to find in working order.

Tony

capn knuckles

:thumbs: Hey thanks for all the great info! :D Flapjack is awesome,Dr barber(do you need a haircut or SUUUURGERY!) :D Hey,if I post a pic could you tell,well i post one.

capn knuckles

Here is the plow.Are u going to the WH show.If so maybe i'll see you there.I'll be the guy with the pegleg.(kinda like capn kanuckles)lol

Attached Image

post-3-1281063118.jpg

Docwheelhorse

HI--that is the right style... but I can;t tell if it is a short, medium or long frame plow. They also had a plow with two sets of holes at the back that was considered a short or long frame depending on which set of holes you set the back rod in. I will try and measure a short frame plow I have hear tonight.

Tony