Sign in to follow this  
WHwest8597

Feedback of Wheel Horse Package

WHwest8597

This Wheel Horse Package is not far from me and I wanted to get some feedback on what people think. I'm going to look at it tonight. I'll let everyone know what condition everything is in. I feel the package is only worth about 1,000.

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/grd/1879961754.html

rmaynard

Looking at the pictures, I'd say he will probably get what he's asking. Everything looks really nice.

Just my 2 cents worth

Bob

rickv1957

Looks like a nice package,some one will take it for sure!,Rick

dgoyette

and it's gone...hope you got it

Shuboxlover

What the heck was it and what were they asking for it? :D :thumbs:

Sparky

I was to late also as the listing is gone. Did you get it? If not what was it?

Mike........

DoctorHfuhruhurr

I missed it also. Are we now allowing posting of links to Craigslist?

Sparky

No we are not.

Mike........

Gene_S

There's the answer... Thanks Sparky...

Butch

it was 12 or $1400 I believe. Nice shape tractor and lots of attachments. I don't know models and years like you guys but it did go fast. What little I know I thought it was a bargain.

Sparky

If someone needs to post a link to an E-bay or Craigslist item they are interested in to get thoughts or info such as "Will this fit my tractor?" or "Is this a fair price?" from this forum I think thats fine.

But to spend your time just copying and pasting every Wheel Horse ad (or auction) in your area is not allowed. We had members doing just that and then another member would chime in and start ripping into every aspect of the ad. The condition of the item, the price, any modifications done to it and so on....

How would we know that the item being critisized was not being offered up by a member here? It would only lead into a conflict.

Not to mention that if you are on this site then you must have a computer and some basic computer skills and should be able to search E-bay and Craiglist yourself.

Mike.......

Duff

I think the Moderators should chime in on this, but from what I've seen, if a member is seeking advice on something specific s/he is looking to buy, then there appears to be some latitude. :D

What brought about the original prohibition, as I recall, was a flood of posts by people saying something to the effect of, "Hey, guys, if anyone is looking for a [name the tractor or implement], look here [Craigslist/eBay posting]. The result was this forum was becoming an off-shoot of Craigslist and eBay rather than a forum specific to the tractors we already owned and sharing advice on working on them. I'm sure the Mods will correct me (please!) if I'm blowing smoke..... :D

Duff :thumbs:

Sparky

I just beat ya to it by one minute Duff.

Mike.........

PS...I like that way you think :thumbs:

Ken B

Well said Sparky, I couldn't agree with you more.

WHwest8597

I didn't buy this package. It was already sold before I got there. I know where just about every Wheel Horse is located in my township, but I didn't know about this one. I did get to see the package and every thing was in nice shape.

1977 WHEELHORSE TRACTOR FOR SALE: B-80 8 SPEED

8HP Kohler Engine

42 inch Snow Thrower

42 inch Plow/Snow Blade

36 inch Mower Deck

36 inch Tiller

$1400

OK I had to come back and edit this post. I was interested in the tractor because it was a 1977 and I was born in 1977. This post is my 77th post. I'm putting some money on 777s, maybe I'll end up with some extra horse money :thumbs:

DoctorHfuhruhurr

If someone needs to post a link to an E-bay or Craigslist item they are interested in to get thoughts or info such as "Will this fit my tractor?" or "Is this a fair price?" from this forum I think thats fine.

But to spend your time just copying and pasting every Wheel Horse ad (or auction) in your area is not allowed. We had members doing just that and then another member would chime in and start ripping into every aspect of the ad. The condition of the item, the price, any modifications done to it and so on....

How would we know that the item being critisized was not being offered up by a member here? It would only lead into a conflict.

Not to mention that if you are on this site then you must have a computer and some basic computer skills and should be able to search E-bay and Craiglist yourself.

Mike.......

thanks for the clarification. I had thought that all links to craigslist not your own were discouraged.

stoneman

If someone finds items of particular interest for sale that they are not interested in buying themselves, then it's not unreasonable to get the word out here. But how can one evaluate a tractor or any attachment from a picture? :thumbs: Especially if it's for sale by somebody that you don't know at all. We buy things from members here and have an expectation of honest representation. If I find an item for sale that I'd consider owning, the first thing I want to do is get my eyeballs on it . . . then my hands. If I don't have the knowledge to make a good judgment call, then I'll ask someone who does to go with me. As far as value is concerned, it's like a wide open prairie. The magic is found when you decide what it's worth to you, and the seller agrees that it's worth exactly that to him. (or her) Or vise versa. There are a lot of reasons that one might post a link to a particular item for sale. The combined knowledge on this site is immeasurable. And gathering information is good due diligence. So if you don't have the patience to wait for what you want to find you, then be prepared to move quickly when you see something you want. Because if you don't, there is also a reasonable expectation the it will be gone before you make up your mind! :D

rmaynard

If someone finds items of particular interest for sale that they are not interested in buying themselves, then it's not unreasonable to get the word out here. But how can one evaluate a tractor or any attachment from a picture? :thumbs: Especially if it's for sale by somebody that you don't know at all. We buy things from members here and have an expectation of honest representation. If I find an item for sale that I'd consider owning, the first thing I want to do is get my eyeballs on it . . . then my hands. If I don't have the knowledge to make a good judgment call, then I'll ask someone who does to go with me. As far as value is concerned, it's like a wide open prairie. The magic is found when you decide what it's worth to you, and the seller agrees that it's worth exactly that to him. (or her) Or vise versa. There are a lot of reasons that one might post a link to a particular item for sale. The combined knowledge on this site is immeasurable. And gathering information is good due diligence. So if you don't have the patience to wait for what you want to find you, then be prepared to move quickly when you see something you want. Because if you don't, there is also a reasonable expectation the it will be gone before you make up your mind! :D

Well stated.

Bob

JimD

Stoneman, that's great advice. By the way, when you've finished chiseling out that

Rideaway Senior from that block of granite, I'll post the ebay link for ya. :thumbs:

Just kidding guys. :D

stoneman

Stoneman, that's great advice. By the way, when you've finished chiseling out that

Rideaway Senior from that block of granite, I'll post the ebay link for ya. :thumbs:

Just kidding guys. :D

:D Funny you should say that. I actually been thinking about making a sandstone tractor.

Butch

I saw nothing wrong with original craig list link where some info was requested about it.

Should there be a section here where anyone can post anything for sale by Wheel Horse that isn't theirs? It would be nice to find all things for sale in one spot but it could lead to problems. Problems with personalities and attitudes. Sure the Mods could step in but I don't think they wanna be Refs. I know that adults on RS can be worse than kids on a play ground.

I would have to see other pros/cons about it but for the time being I'll agree with the boys from Ct.. They're pretty level headed people whose decisions I respect.

If they bring up the Patriots, Yankees or Red Sox I reserve the right to change my opinion and decision! :thumbs: :D

jpmcleod

I recently purchased another brand of lawn tractor (not a JD) and went to their site to gather information. Much to my surprise, it is the most convoluted site I ever tried to understand. I said all that to say this. Redsquare site is the (BEST) and most friendly, informative and group participation site out there. Glad to be a member.

The moderators do a fine job of keeping it that way.