Sign in to follow this  
ragtoppers

Located another one T1056

ragtoppers

Looked at this one this morning. It's a T1056 serial number 216695.

42" deck that was just covered with aluminum and pop rivets.

The tractor runs great, no smoke. There is a loose cable sticking out the back, not sure what it's for. The deck lift isn't working that great, not sure what the issue is.

Owner said that it leaks oil. I wasn't able to see where it was coming from.

I'm guessing the seat isn't original.

He was starting out at $450. Before I left without asking about price said that he would take $400.

What should I do????

2580470730014163422shdzTi_th.jpg

JUSS10

the deck lift is just an adjustment issue. as for the cable out the back, i'm going to guess that was the lift cable for the rear slot hitch?

rickv1957

Sounds a little high to me,Rick

wheel horse 1045

i see about a $250 tractor if it runs good but thats just my 2 cents

4thelulz

Hmm, interesting.

DMK855

I paid less for a complete 1055, RM425 Deck, and short frame plow. Everything was there and working including the lighter and gen. warning light. But as they saying goes, it is only worth what you are willing to pay!!!

The tractor itself looks pretty solid!!!

ragtoppers

Thanks for all your input!

I called him up and offered $250. He wouldn't bite, saying that some others looked at it and was waiting on them to get back to him. Unfortunately, he is taking advise from the local Toro dealer who told him he might get $600 for it! I've been there, you'd need to take out a small loan to buy a used :thumbs: there!

The seller likes the tractor, but his wife bought him a new Toro lawn tractor! :D He needs the garage space, hopefully he lets me put it in my garage instead! He took down my name and number... I'll keep ya posted.

rmaynard

I would agree that $400 is a bit high. I just purchased a running 856 with deck and snowplow for a lot less than that.

The 1056 would have to be in some fine condition to warrant paying that much for it.

Bob

Ken B

What I find amazing is how we all brag about how good these tractors are and how long they last but a 25 yr. old Craftsman, Lowe, Weedeater or whatever (that cost half the price when it was new, or even less) in the same shape will bring 250 bucks. I know a guy who sells all brands of cheap old box store lawn tractors. No matter how old they are as long as they run, are reasonably clean and cut grass he gets 300.00 bucks all day long for them, sometimes more. He told me he sells on average three a week. He used too hunt garden tractors too fix and sell, not anymore. I asked him why (I used to be a good customer also) He told me he got tired of dealing with all the cheap skate collectors calling him and low ballin him on the phone and that he'd rather deal with people who really need a tractor versus someone collecting them. Not really advice but an observation. :thumbs:

The prices for these machines are all over the place, some guy might pay 400 easy for this machine in his area and another guy may get it for 150 where he lives. I don't think either price would represent a good fair market value. If you really want it you might have too pay what it takes to get it.

ragtoppers

I don't want to be a "cheap skate collector", I have a nice 518xi that does all the mowing I need along with snow removal. I was just looking for an old horse to enjoy with my sons and not rip anyone off trying to get. The seller ultimately has the final decision so the ball is in his court, he doesn't have to choose to sell it at the price I offered. It was simply an offer I placed after listening to some people on the forum who chose to give me their input...

I guess I'll put my tail between my legs and just look at the forum instead of posting anything. Thanks for the help???

:thumbs:

Ken B

I wasn't referring to you as a cheap skate collector. :thumbs: I really don't feel I accused you of anything and I'm sorry if you feel that way. I don't want to pay alot for a tractor I don't really need either. I was only using this as an example of how some sellers think and that sometimes folks are willing to pay more for something they NEED versus something they really don't. The value is what you are willing to pay.