Sign in to follow this  
RyanC

Brand New Owner of 2 Wheel Horses!

RyanC

Hello, I'm brand new to the forum and very happy to be here. It's time for me to make a post instead of just silently reading.

Just picked up my first two Wheel Horses today and am quite excited. Total paid was $200 for everything you see on the trailer. Hopefully I didn't pay too much. The tractors aren't running at the moment but I'm hoping to get them there soon. They seem to be very complete and I was told that they do run. We'll see :thumbs:

If you can see anything right off the bat about these tractors that looks odd let me know. I'm sure you're more familiar with what you're looking at than I am. My goal is to make them look good and be very usable. I'd like to weld up a log arch to move some logs and push some snow in the winter.

My little two year old boy Jake loves them and we're having a blast just sitting on them in the garage.

One of the tractors is hydrostat and the other is a straight manual trans. I'm just hoping to get some insight from some of your wisdom and meet some new friends along the way.

Thanks so much!

Ryan

Picture17.png

Picture18.png

Picture19.png

Picture20.png

Sparky

:D

The one with a manual tranny is a Raider 12. Probably a 1971-72 :thumbs: .

The auto one looks to be a 1077 which would make it a 1967 model. Not as sure on this one tho.

Mike........

JUSS10

thats a steal! wow

if you want to sell that spare set of AG tires let me know :thumbs:

you'll love them. ands its a great father son hobby.

btrrg1969

Very nice haul , I wish we could find tractors like those down here , Middle TN :thumbs:

bitten

Hello and :thumbs:

I'd say you did very well. No idea what that is next to the snow blade. Looks like you have a nice start.

dclarke

:thumbs: nice find.

JimD

:D You're off to a great start! :thumbs:

Roger from southern Iowa

Hi Ryan, :thumbs: You did great on your purchase!!

This is a great father and son hobby.

Two fine looking Horses you have. :D

stoneman

I'd say you boys done real good! :D :thumbs:

rickv1957

:thumbs: Nice find,Rick

W9JAB
image001-1.jpg

RyanC

thats a steal! wow

if you want to sell that spare set of AG tires let me know :thumbs:

you'll love them. ands its a great father son hobby.

I'll definitely keep keep you in mind for the tires. I always like trading stuff around. :D

RyanC

The one with a manual tranny is a Raider 12. Probably a 1971-72 :thumbs: .

The auto one looks to be a 1077 which would make it a 1967 model. Not as sure on this one tho.

Mike........

Thanks for the help on the identification. The 12 is now up and running. Blew out the fuel lines, changed out the gas, cleaned the carb and installed a new battery. I haven't got to the other one yet.

KC9KAS

:D You are making progress. :thumbs: Keep us informed, and if you have been reading the posts for a while, you know everyone LOVE's pictures!

Keep up the good work.

RyanC

Sunday night I was able to get the Raider 12 up and running and then late that night realized that the new ignition switch that I had installed was faulty. Come to find out It kept the solenoid activated while running and burnt it up. I thought that I had surely wired it wrong but after much tinkering finally figured out that the switch was keeping starter post and acc post hot when running in the normal position.

Tonight I ran to Auto Zone and got a new switch and solenoid and everything works fine now. Here's a pic of me and my boy riding around in the yard! I really need to find out a way to cover the drive belt on the right side.

I'm hoping to build a log arch soon. Curious to see how well it works at pulling logs out of the timber. Should help us get some firewood for the winter. :thumbs:

1stdrive1.jpg

racinfool40

:D and a great buy, I have 2 raiders a 1970 and a no name 1973 "raider" great little tractors check e-bay or post what you need here in the wanted section. You definitly need a belt guard!!And my boys love these tractors as well. :thumbs:

Ken B

Welcome to the forum. You did very well for 200 bucks. I have two boys and my 8 yr. old has been riding tractors with me for a few yrs. now. He can ride as well as some adults! Its a great way too spend some father/son quality time with your son.

Post a want ad for the belt guard as I'm sure someone here can help you out.