Sign in to follow this  
family tradition

1972 wheel horse raider 8

family tradition

i'm having a problem with the govener . how many springs does it have 1 or 2. it has the throttle cable attached and the top of the carb at the linkage won't move or neither will the govenor thing that goe with the throttle . i ask my wheelhorse guy and he said most of the parts were discontinued . so i'm not happy

Kelly

Cable should not be hooked to the carb, I'm not the best at describing things like this but the cable hooks to a round piece that mounts on the gov. shaft then a long arm from the gov. has a wire link about 2" long that hooks from that to the carb.

Post a pic of your set up, we can sort this out, and as for parts I have many or someone else will have what you need.

family tradition

the cable is hookes to the govenor and there is a arod that goes to the carb. to me its not working right. i was told there is suppose to be one spring but it doesn't look right to me and i been trying to figure it out but now my brain is fried.

family tradition

i don't think the springs are working right or i messed up putting it back together and for pics it will have to wait till tomarrow its dark here and its on my back patio

racinfool40

:thumbs: Know what you mean post some pics when you can and it will get sorted out!!!