Sign in to follow this  
catman81056

This was my best day in a long time

catman81056

No work today, seems no one wanted concrete. My buddy called and asked if I was off today, (the luck starts!!!). He wants me to bring the trailer to the shop and load up scrap metal, also help clean up. He gives me a couple sets of shelving plus $20.00 an hr, Plus some nice usable stainless steel and aluminum.

4 1/2 hrs later I take the scrap to the yard. While the trailer get the magnet treatment I'm looking around and what do I see???? ( lucky timing #2) It's an Agri-*** Disc that looks close to new!!!! (well, used alittle but still painted black, No rust whatsoever) I hurridly put it on the trailer and go to reweigh. I tell the yard man about the disc and he says if its on the trailer we'll just swap out the weight :D To me thats FREE!!!!! :thumbs:

I get home and a friend needs a piece of steel for his trailer and we start talking tractors. I tell him about the cub I bought for $40.00 just for the Kohler motor and he says he has a rebuilt 16hp Kohler, 20 hrs on i, took it off his Ford tractor..(lucky time #3) He's looking for a chain saw. Awhile back my buddy at the shop was going to pitch a Mac that wouldn't start, so I did alittle work on it and now it starts on the 3rd pull every time. So we trade even!!!!!! :thumbs:

I sure wish I had more of these days, it sure is nice when they come along!!!

nylyon

Very nice day indeed, do you have any pictures from today? Sounds like a great day!

wse100

That sounds like a great day indeed!

catman81056

I guess there is some rust on the bolts!!

DSCF0512.jpg

DSCF0511.jpg

The disc's on the right side are loose, not bent.

glenn27

Catman--(Tim)--I see that same disc you have there--I need those two long bolts that hold the disc'ssleeve's together--(see below)

And what a day you had!! Hat's OFF!! :thumbs:

3/4-10 (course thread) X 16" if you run across anything.....

T-Mo

Tim,

Great day indeed. :thumbs: And that's a nice looking disc you picked up. What a great score. :thumbs:

catman81056

Thanks guys :thumbs:

Hey Glen, what about some 3/4" all thread? I'm thinking that a 16" 3/4 bolt would be hard to come by. But I'll keep my eyes open :thumbs:

.5racer

could get some 3/4 cold rool round stock and thread the ends then use a nylock or self lock nut ?

charger10us

Great find Catman !!! I have the same disc, but I have 2 of them bolted together so it will work as a leveling disc... I don't have them bolted to tight, that way it will swivel in the middle.. One of my C-195's has the 3-point on it ,and I used a 12" plow & the disc & thay both did a good job.. Put some weight on them disc & you can sink them down in the ground pretty good..

Stigian

It sounds like you had a very good day Tim :D

Now, can you send us all some luck like that :thumbs::thumbs::P :D

Rollerman

Here it is Friday morning & I missed this thread all together yesterday.

Tim...Wow...gotta love it when things come together like that.

The K341 Kohler is a nice find...they are not cheap to buy.

Looks like you have another implement to try behind the D too. :thumbs:

glenn27

could get some 3/4 cold rool round stock and thread the ends then use a nylock or self lock nut ?

Done deal--got what I needed yesterday---

Posted under the classifieds-- "wanted"

Greg B.

Tim, I could stand about a week of thos days! Congrats.

Stephen, don't feel bad. It's Saturday and I missed it too. Been down a little. Went in Thursday and got my prostate seeded.

Greg B.

catman81056

Went back to the same junk yard today that I got the disc from. Looking around hoping to find another deal. I told the crane operator to keep an eyeout for wheel horse's and he said there were 2 up front behind a box trailer. One of the yard workers is in to pulling and he grabs all the Kohlers that he sees. Well when I look at the tractors I see 2 C120's. :thumbs: One is manuel lift and the other is Hydrolic with a sleve hitch. The yard worker(Donny) just happens to come by and we start talking. He's into Cub Cadets and just wants the engines. I tell him I'll take the engines off for him and he says I can have whats left. OK!!! I'm going to offer him the 129(less motor!!) that I recently got as good will token :thumbs: .

Now these 2 tractors aren't in the best of shape but I'm sure between the 2 I can get one complete tractor and put either the 12 off the Cub or the 16 I traded the saw for to make a good "working tractor".

I hope the whole month goes this way!!! Might make up for all the rotten ones :D

TT

Way to go, Tim! :thumbs: Sounds like you're on a roll now.

(And it never hurts to have "connections"! :thumbs: )

catman81056

Thanks Terry.

The one with the hydrolic lift says C121 on the hood. The other isn't marked but it is Hydro drive with manuel lift. They are both the same except the lift. oh and one had a starter/gen setup. The other has a starter.

Can you shed any light on these with this info?

WheelHorse_of_course

The one with the starter generator does not have the original engine

or, the one with the starter/generator is not a C-120 but has been redecalled.

T-Mo

Tim,

Not only was it a good day, but it sounds like a good week. :thumbs:

catman81056

Its raining today so no one is wanting concrete, I got the day off. I went to the junk yard hoping to take those engines off between showers so I can get those tractors "home". I pulled into the yard and went to talk to Donny and he told me to look by the gate :P Complete tractor w/deck. He said I'd better go talk to Gene(Yard Owner) I walk into the office and Gene say's "I've got a wheel horse for you". I told him I saw it and how much did he want for it. $25.00 :thumbs: Just about rip the pocket off my bibs getting my wallet out :D

The tag says T1267, since it says Sixspeed on the sticker I'm assuming this is a 12hp, 6sp(actually 8 I think with the high/low + reverse) 1967 model?

Even has a slot hitch!!!

I'm hoping the engine isn't blown, I'll find that out later.

Pretty good day even know its raining :D

I did otice that the PTO clutch is missing parts, hopfully the PO just didn't want to mess with it and the engine is good :thumbs:

T-Mo

Tim,

Another great score. Even if the engine is toast, there's still the parts. And if the tractor is complete and in fairly decent shape, just repower or rebuild the engine. And as always, :thumbs:

CasualObserver

Wow Tim!! Sounds like you just made a great bunch of new friends! :thumbs:

Isn't it sad though, to think ... this is just one yard in IL.... how many horses are being scrapped NATIONWIDE on a DAILY basis??? :thumbs:

catman81056

Thanks guys :thumbs:

Jason, it just turns my stomach to think of how true that statement is. I'm getting 3 tractors from this yard and it's been only 2-3 weeks. Just thinking about all the missed tractors in the last 2 years let alone 5-10 yrs.

Makes you wonder :wtf:, are these people nuts? But hey, we can only rescue the ones we know about.

But we have to be secretive about the where abouts of these treasures :thumbs:

Its just like mushroom hunting, its OK to share the bounty with friends, but are you really going to tell someone "outside" the circle where your good spots are?

I'm just glad I'm in this Redsquare circle :D

CasualObserver

Mushroom hunting is the perfect analogy!!! farmer.gif:D So you gonna start an ebay parts business too? :thumbs: Just kidding. But I bet you'll be using some of the future ones as "trading stock"!! :thumbs:

catman81056

Afew pics between showers;

DSCF0525.jpg

DSCF0526.jpg

DSCF0527.jpg

CasualObserver

$25 well spent friend.... well spent. :thumbs: