Sign in to follow this  
Kelly

Felt like a tire shop tonight

Kelly

I had a pile of new tires and freshly painted rims so I mounted tires tonight, I put most of them on by hand with no tools so I didn't scratch the rims, my thumbs are sore from pushing the beads on, but no scratches :D the first set is the tires and wheels I'm raffling off at the MI. WH show I sprayed all the rims with auto paint mixed to the correct color linen beige, brand new 23x8.5x12 carlisle as, the small tires are for the wife's ranger, then the big 26x12x12's and tri ribs are for my 520, those I had to use tire irons to mount :thumbs: they are some heavy duty tires, those rims are painted with GM corvette silver, it's a very close match. I'll post pics of the tractors in a few days with the tires on them, if your coming to the MI. show you can buy tickets to win the 23x8.50 ags.

100_2912.jpg

100_2913.jpg

100_2914.jpg

TT

Tires and wheels look great, Kelly! :thumbs:

C-Series14

:thumbs:

Butch

And the video of this project is ....? :thumbs:

This is the kinda stuff I would love to see video of. Suburban550 Ray and Linda did my tires and I already forgot what they did! :D

Butch

S. Jersey

Kelly

Thanks guys, Lots of work preping them I do body work for a living and I'm picky, they are far from perfect, but they are nice.

Kelly

That would be a very boring video, me sand blasting for hours, then priming, them hand sanding for hours, then priming again, then more sanding, them painting, then me cussing at the tires mounting them, then washing the dish soap off after mounting them, yup very boring.

wheel horse man

:thumbs: Nice looking treads and rims are thoses 3hole ones for lawn rangers

Kelly

Yes the 3 hole ones are for the wifes ranger I have tiny tri ribs not mounted yet for the front of it.

DMK855

They Look Great Kelly!!! :thumbs:

WheelHorse_of_course

Anyone in the DC area is welcome to come mount tires with me.

I have a nice changer from Harbor Freight that the 23 8.5-12 pretty easy.

Seating the beads on the other hand is lots of fun with a manually operated pump, but I have done it!

:D :thumbs:

Butch

Seating the beads on the other hand is lots of fun with a manually operated pump, but I have done it!

:wh::D

I probably own that tire changer and have yet been able to mount a tire! :thumbs: The best changer I have had the most luck with is the Suburban550 tire changer from Shenandoah, Pa!! :D:beer:

Butch

S. Jersey

All emoticons cheerfully endorsed by Steveasaurus! :thanks:

pfrederi

Mounteds with your thumbs??? Remind me not to try to thumb wrestle you :thumbs:

WheelHorse_of_course

I probably own that tire changer and have yet been able to mount a tire! :thumbs: The best changer I have had the most luck with is the Suburban550 tire changer from Shenandoah, Pa!! :D:beer:

Butch

S. Jersey

All emoticons cheerfully endorsed by Steveasaurus! :thanks:

Butch,

the instructions are not that good, and it really does not look like it is going to work, but it does.

The trickest part on mine is it is mounted to a piece of plywood, not the floor. So you have to keep your weight on the plywood to keep it from moving.

I am using diluted Murphy's oil soap for lubricant.

I have done two "trailer style" 12" tires for my Cushman and one of the tires for the Charger 12 (the other one is awaiting prep and paint on the rim).

:wh: :D

Butch

:thumbs:

rickv1957

Kelly,nice looking tires and wheels there!,nice work! :thumbs: Rick