Sign in to follow this  
wh1257

Who is this man?

Duff

Got me wondering, too! Great story! Is he a RS member? :thumbs:

Duff :D

T-Mo

Vincent,

I edited the topic title for you. And to who the mystery guy is - I don't know? :thumbs:

Sparky

All I got from reading it is that the guys name is Chris and his wife is Pam. If Bill Pearson see's this thread he might be able to shed some light on who it is as his name( Bill's) comes up in the article.

Mike.........

JimD

Above the first pic in the article it says Featured Collectors Chris and Pam Sutton. I still have never heard of them. Not a very well written article. leaves to many unanswered questions I think. :thumbs:

Duff

Above the first pic in the article it says Featured Collectors Chris and Pam Sutton. I still have never heard of them. Not a very well written article. leaves to many unanswered questions I think. :D

Jim, I have to disagree with you, buddy. Unless I am missing something, it's not an article written by a reporter but rather more of a diary or travelogue by the fellow himself. If a reporter had done it, I'd pan it as well. As such, I think he did a pretty fair job. Hope to hear more from him, perhaps here on RS!

Duff :thumbs:

neil

Hi

This man lives in uk & is often seen at many tractor shows around the uk

his name is Chris sutton

he owns a few rjs & suburbans Ans a few others

these tractors are so rare here

I have spoken to him on the telephone a couplr of times

Nice Guy ,

JimD

Above the first pic in the article it says Featured Collectors Chris and Pam Sutton. I still have never heard of them. Not a very well written article. leaves to many unanswered questions I think. :wh:

Jim, I have to disagree with you, buddy. Unless I am missing something, it's not an article written by a reporter but rather more of a diary or travelogue by the fellow himself. If a reporter had done it, I'd pan it as well. As such, I think he did a pretty fair job. Hope to hear more from him, perhaps here on RS!

Duff :D

Well Duff, I stand corrected. Not the first time I've done that. :thumbs: I read the Editor's Note at the bottom after reading the article and made the assumption that it was a series of quotes from the gentleman, without the questions that were asked. You know what the say about the word assume. :D I guess I should learn to read a little slower and absorb the content a little better. Thanks for putting it in the proper context for me, because I totally missed it. :thanks: I wish I had met him at the show.

Jim

T-Mo

As I think about this, I do believe Chris is a member here. I think he has posted a few times. Let me see if I can find his profile.

rickv1957

Very nice story! :thumbs: ,Rick

Roger from southern Iowa

I agree Rick, very nice story. :thumbs:

W9JAB

:thumbs:

T-MO

You may be the offical KOOK

keeper of odd knowledge

stevasaurus

what a great story...and flying across the pond every year for the show...serious addiction to :D:D :thumbs:

BPjunk

Folks Chris and Pam Sutton contacted me years ago about coming out to the Annual Wheel Horse Show from England and they have been there twice now. Chris loves old machiney along with his Wheel Horses which are quite rare in England. For the 2006 show of which is when we had the big parade I talked him into bringing a Union Jack flag to display on his tractor to represent England.

You never know what kind of people will come to the Wheel Horse Show, I know a lot of you have heard me talk about a man that came to the show that was on the cover of Time magazine for CEO of the year this guy makes some serious bucks but he owned two Wheel Horse tractors that I worked on. :thumbs:

Wild Bill