Sign in to follow this  
NYRedNeck

L156 Lawn Ranger

NYRedNeck

Hello All,

Need your advise on this Ranger. The guy is holding it for me. Can you tell me if it is worth the asking price and the 3.5 hour road trip one way?

I would like a round hood and this would be my first..

http://worcester.craigslist.org/atq/1858587241.html

Jim_M

It wouldn't be worth it to me, but that's just my opinion. Depends on how bad you want it.

Kelly

If it was close I'd take a look, but having to drive that far, me I'd pass but as already said how bad do you want it?

NYRedNeck

Hmmm, Good Point. A round hood..That, I do want. A lawn tractor :thumbs::D Decisions, desicions.. ????

Kelly

A few years ago I bought a few things I wanted, and paid good money, that was in the begining of me collecting, now I have a few of the items I paid too much for and most where ALOT cheaper, be patient things will come around just keep a eye open and tell everyone what your looking for, keep a picture on hand to show people they might just say hey my uncle has one of those he wants out of the barn, I get alot of my stuff by word of mouth.

hcminis

I'd take a $100.00 bill and offer that. Bet he takes it. Would be surprised if he/she didn't. I know of one the owner was asking $300.00 and got them down to $150.00

Ask....my saying...the least they will say is no.

MRM

looks like a nice tractor for $150, only 30 min from me.

But i don't need it.

rickv1957

Cash talks,good luck!,Rick

wheel horse man

i wanted a round hood so bad at one time i went to look at a lawn ranger the guy wanted 250 and it was a little ruff with rust and did not run i almost bought it but i didnt thats how bad i wanted one so its up to you on how bad you want. i would try to talk him down to 125 or 100 buts thats opinion :thumbs:

buckeye

if it were me, i would be on the road. i drove 200 miles one way for my ranger, thats how bad i wanted it. it looks like its in good shape, hood is straight (rare) and the deck looks like it is good shape(rare). take a good look at the front of the deck, they like to rot out there. i agree with 100-125 bucks.

Coadster32

Can you even buy a new lawnmower for $150?? This is a classic, and looks to be in pretty darn good condition. On top of that, you really want, NEED, a roundhood!! :thumbs::D :D

wheelly

From my experience i have drove further for alot less. But there is nothing like a good road trip.

smokin joe

Once upon a time a wanted a lawn ranger really bad!!!Now i have 4 of them that i dont do anything with.If i had it to do over again i would have switched the need and the want around.I have a friend that cant get $100 for his and it runs and mows.

perry

is that a homemade hand clutch on that ranger ?.

he could have atleast washed the dust off for the pic .

3k13o63p55W55U25P5a7n43ec230d8b2a16cd.jpg

NYRedNeck

Thanks to all for your input and comments. Many times it is best to allow some time to go by and think. Otherwise you will end up with those impulse purchases. :thumbs:

If it were closer maybe it would have been a different story. I decided to pass on it. :D

Have a good weekend and happy :D hunting.