Sign in to follow this  
RADMAN521

D200 pump problems STILL

RADMAN521

:thanks:

I thought everything was fine BUT I ran it into the driveway and everything stopped. No forward or reverse. I had replaced the pump and after the O-ring incident from previious post (O-rings) I thought evertything was fine. The O-rings are holding fine BUT, It won't move. Where do I go next? :thumbs:

The splines are turning on the pump. It has plenty of fluid. Should I try to flush the fuild. :D I wasn't sure what the previous owner had in the tranny but I put in and flushed out with 10w-30 twice. Any suggestions??????

THANKS IN ADVANCE :D

canam1991

maybe your tow valve broke lose and is in tow mode now? :thumbs:

rickv1957

It is possible that your pump has lost its prime and sucking air,or possible that relief valve is stuck open or a spring broke,Did you use any silicone on O-rings,a piece could have come loose and got into a valve,Rick

Rideawaysenior

Does the hydraulic lift on the three point or the deck work? If not, it sounds like you lost prime. I've had luck with jacking the rear into the air and running the engine. Sounds strange, but the pump can draw from the resivoir pretty easily then and the air will have an easy path of travel back to the tranny where it can vent.

pfrederi

Its all back together and not a leak. I used Orings from a small kit I purchased at the hardware store. I used a drop of High temp RTV to keep the orings in place let dry for a night, till I put the manifold under the pump and tightened everything down. She works just like she used too. whtractor/thumbsup.gif

Thanks to everyone who helped with their advice.

In your other post you said you bought the O rings locally...did you use the square ones in addition to the regular round ones?

Also could have a suction leak from using the silicone. I am not a big fan of silicone. Manual says to use a bit of grease to hold the O rings in place as it will dissolve in the oil. Letting the silicone harden overnite before assembly may be keeping th O rings from sealing.

With no square rings on the pressure lines and a bit of silicone preventing a good seal on the suction you could have an internal leak across the ports of the manifold plate that might not be obvious externally.

Does your 3 pt or mid mount work??

RADMAN521

Rick,

Where do I look if a piece of silicone is in the valve? And does it require taking apart the pump?

Pfrederi,

I could not find the square o-rings so I used what I had available. :wh: Thanks for the suggestions I'll double check the O-rings and I'll try too get it to prime. And I'll let everyone know how that goes.

:thumbs:

Thanks for ALL your input.

The wife know how I get when it doesn't RUN like it did. :D:D:thanks:

IF ya know what I mean. :beer:

pfrederi

I use a lot of after market parts on my Wheel Horse (and the big tractors also)....But... in this case it is a lot of work getting pump and manifold apart. i think I would spring for the correct WH O rings and install them according to the manual, they aren't that expensive.

When I opened mine up some one had used HVAC (green) O rings. Probably was one of the reasons she could barely get out of her own way. They also used silicone instead of the correct hydro motor to rear end gasket. There was a bunch of silicone pieces in the strainer in the rear end.....

Trouty56

Paul is right about this. Hydro systems are too sensitive. I read the manual 5 times before I started then read it 5 more times and had it open during the job and read it 5 more times again. O-rings were less than 14 bucks for the pump side from a Toro dealer in East Berlin, PA.

rickv1957

The first thing I would do is replace them O-rings with the proper ones ,Rick

Rideawaysenior

O rings are your problem. They are available from your Toro/Wheel Horse Dealer. They are used in current Toro machines too. WHen you place them in, make sure that you have the square one placed properly too. There is a ridge cut into the top of the square O ring where the other ring seats into.

Use grease to hold them in place too. Silicone will kill your pump.

WH nut

Never us gobblty goop on orings. They are made to seal without it.