Sign in to follow this  
Butch

Best tire and chain combo

stevasaurus

Is Butch's tractor working it's way across the nation? :thumbs:

I have a setup like Bob Maynard's...turf tires, 4 link chains, level drive (150 ft), and as you know...lots of sidewalk. The system works great, but I can see where the 2 link chains may be more driveway friendly. :D It is not hard to scratch concrete. :D

dandan111

I had two link chains and did not like them for concrete.

Four link lets the tire get some bite. I plow alot of sidewalks.

Butch

Well the Horse stops here. It's bout time it get's some respect!! I've got some new 12.50s for the rear on some new wheels and some new matching tires and wheels for the front. I guess it's appropriate that the wheels were Docwheelhorse that I acquired in a trade. But those tires and wheels will be just for the show!!

I'm also gonna put the two dash panels in the blast cabinet and repaint them since they need it. I just need to come up with the 2 decals for the dash. I'd like to get a new decal for the hoods nose also.

Butch

S. Jersey

Daddy Don

Get with the vinylguy he can fix you up, He is on this site.

Butch

I guess I'll try the 2 link chains and see what happens. I'll have spare ties for the tractor. My plan is to have a tractor with it's own set of tires for the attachment that is on it.

I want one tractor set up for plowing only. :thanks:

I want one tractor set up for mowing the woods only. A walk behind high-vac Snapper does my grass!!

The I want one set up for my gardening rear-end attachments! So yes, I plan on buying another tractor! Rickv graciously set me up with a clevis hitch system!! I'm excited over that.

So now I gotta think of a third tractor I want. :thumbs: And after driving the C-175 automatic I'll probably look for another automatic.

My 314 will be for snow. The C175 for gardening. So I need one for cutting down brush and chopping up leaves in the woods!!

I could have been the owner of he raffle tractor at this years show. :wh: But I took the word of the number puller that he pulled the name of a hard to pronounce name. I never thought he coulda pulled the easy to say name Btchdelanyfrmsjrsy. :D But with all the excitement I shoulda had them verify the number! :D

Butch

S. Jersey

Ken B

I had a Snapper Hi-Vac with an 8hp and a rear bagger on it, just like Forrest Gumps. You can't beat one of them for fall clean up. They'll suck up all the leaves, acorns and pebbles you could ever want too get rid of. Great little riders.

JimD

Btchdelanyfrmsjrsy? smiley-laughing014.gifsmiley-laughing021.gif

Butch

Btchdelanyfrmsjrsy? smiley-laughing014.gifsmiley-laughing021.gif

You saw the ticket, huh? :D It was me that was the winner huh? :thumbs:

That Steve pulled a fast one. :thanks: I knew it. :D

Butch

S. Jersey

Butch

Get with the vinylguy he can fix you up, He is on this site.

I've tried several times to contact him. So far no luck.

Butch

S. Jersey

Butch

Ken, mine is a walk behind. But I do like it. It's the 3rd Snapper Ive had but only the 2nd high-vac. My grass area isn't large enough for a rider. Even when I clear some more ground it still won't justify a rider.

Butch

S. Jersey

rickv1957

I guess I'll try the 2 link chains and see what happens. I'll have spare ties for the tractor. My plan is to have a tractor with it's own set of tires for the attachment that is on it.

I want one tractor set up for plowing only. :wh:

I want one tractor set up for mowing the woods only. A walk behind high-vac Snapper does my grass!!

The I want one set up for my gardening rear-end attachments! So yes, I plan on buying another tractor! Rickv graciously set me up with a clevis hitch system!! I'm excited over that.

So now I gotta think of a third tractor I want. :thumbs: And after driving the C-175 automatic I'll probably look for another automatic.

My 314 will be for snow. The C175 for gardening. So I need one for cutting down brush and chopping up leaves in the woods!!

I could have been the owner of he raffle tractor at this years show. :beer: But I took the word of the number puller that he pulled the name of a hard to pronounce name. I never thought he coulda pulled the easy to say name Btchdelanyfrmsjrsy. :D But with all the excitement I shoulda had them verify the number! :D

Butch

S. Jersey

Butch,your starting to sound like the :omg: bug has got ya! :thanks::banghead: Rick

stevasaurus

sorry Butch...I was just kidding around. I deleted the pics.

Butch

I don't have any bug!! I'm just trying to save time and labor by not wasting it on changing some of these implements! :D

And now when I see a response from you it takes even more of my valuable time.

I hafta go out in the garage and get a 10 foot pole to open your posts cause I don't know what to expect!! :thumbs:

Butch

S. Jersey

JimD

:thumbs:

Butch

:thumbs:

:D 4 which remark? :D

Butch

JimD

All of em. :thumbs:

Butch

sorry Butch...I was just kidding around. I deleted the pics.

I knew that!!Geeeeeeez. I gotta kick outta it!!

Butch

HankB

I really hate to put weights on some freshly painted wheels but understand ya want the weight where the power is getting to the ground. Has anyone ever made a contraption for putting suitcase weights on the back end of a WH? How much does antifreeze in the tires add to the weight.

My recollection is that I got 45 lb on each side pouring RV antifreeze between bead and tire on 12x23-9.5 ags. (or was that 8.5? :thumbs: )

I switched from 4 link chains on turf tires because I didn't like what the chains did to my asphalt drive. Ags provided plenty of traction to push wet heavy snow down a 100+ foot drive. (That's about 6" of wet soggy snow and a 48" blade set straight.)

One advantage of weight on the wheels (or in the tires) is that it does not add to the axle load.