Sign in to follow this  
mavfreak

a few attachments I made

racinfool40

:) I wish I hadn't looked at this post. Great fab work to all!!!!Now you have my mind agoing. :USA: time to fab!!!!!

VinsRJ

Wow, there's a lot of great work shown. Anybody else.... I need more ideas.

btrrg1969

Thats some pretty cool stuff :)

mavfreak

wow didn't realise some things have been added here.

Cole"s Dad love the chipper does the engine handle it ok. Add yes looks like mabe some additional support might be needed

You may want to just try a simple dolly wheel under the front of the chipper one that piviots

GlenPettit

Here's the 'original factory hookup' on the MacKissic Shredder:

IMG_0203.jpg

well - with my "idler pulley arm", a spare "Wheel Horse mower deck pulley", and a bungee.

Forest Road

Thanks! I saw the original factory pics. But I figured why not tr ythe muledrive. Unfortunately my wife an kid came home and interruopted any further progress. I have some daddy free time coming up in a few weeks so hopefully I'll be able to conquer it then.

So far thee engine runs it at about 1/2 throttle. And its so quiet compared to the rattling of my 10hp equipped Mac Kissic. That one ios now going up for sale!

sorekiwi

I have some daddy free time coming up in a few weeks so hopefully I'll be able to conquer it then.

If I could find some of that I might stand a chance of getting a couple of tractors done...

I like the quick attach for the shredder, I have a stand-alone MacKissic and have toyed with the idea of mounting it on a tractor, but I dont think I use it enough to go through the pain of putting it on and off.

You would think that with a dozen or so tractors lying around, I'd have one I could dedicate to the shredder... :)

One day I'm gonna mount the shredder on the front of a dump cart, so I can tow it to where I want it, use it and then bring the mulch back to the compost pile.

But first I need to find that "Daddy free time"!

WheelHorse_of_course

Thanks for the advice. I came across a 125 Hobart. It does a fine job on sheetmetal. But w/ 1/8 and 3/16 angle iron its maxed out. I'll have to keep my open for another Craigslist deal in the future.

Here's my first welding project. I used an old mule drive for the hanger. I'm thinking about making some additional support to hang on the mid hitch or maybe the rear lift mechanism.

100819_3121.jpg

100819_3124.jpg

100819_3123.jpg

I have one of these (my own bolt together mount, see the pictures section) and the weight of the shredder gives good tension on the belt.

I suppose the belt could actually use MORE tension, but it only slips when it jams, so all is well. I was thrilled because it meant I did not need to go any further on the project!

Best of luck.

:USA: :)

Forest Road

I finally got a chance to use the chipper. I chewed up the first belt. Went 2" shorter and it purred! I can't get over how quiet this thing is when compared to my 10hp Mighty Mac chipper. And the torque was wonderful. I lost hold of the 2 x 4 push stick I was using. The grinder chewed it up and spit out some big chips. So if anyone wants a 10hp Mac let me know. It'll be on ebay in a few weeks. I'm keeping this Wheel Horse version!