Sign in to follow this  
mavfreak

a few attachments I made

mavfreak

these are a few things I have made for my horses

A lawn roller. Its made from 16" sch 40 stainless pipe type 316 and its 38" long. dry it weighs in at 256 lbs. And according to what I can figure it'll hold around 36 gallons of water which is 288 lbs. So when full I'm guessing around 544 lbs. That should work I think not sure how heavy lawn rollers are.

1279320906.jpg I used this roller for the frist time yesterday worked great!

This is a three point hitch setup i came up with

0529001742.jpg

and a small cart I built

1279320859.jpg

and a plow I built. Actually I'm working on this but its started

0406001649.jpg

Now lets see some of your stuff you built or added to you tractors. (non factory stuff Home built)

hoppy

Nice! i am all for OEM equipment but honestly i love the home made stuff. nice work you have done there! im hoping to make a watering drag for the indoor soon. my home made sprinkler system failed due to low water pressure and the fiance is complaining about the dust and is tired of moving a single sprinkler around. i have seen watering drags at some of her shows but on a much bigger scale. i need something much smaller and obviously less expensive. any thoughts? you look pretty handy and have some good ideas.

rickv1957

Heath,good looking attachments you have made! :thumbs: Rick

JimD

You have some serious metal fabricating skills. Nice work, I could use some of your talent. :thumbs:

stoneman

:thumbs: HEATH! With skills like that you don't need to be looking for another job. You just need some orders! You're just an hr.&1/2 from me and I'll be sending you a pm. I don't have those kind of skills at all but being a fabricator of sort using stone, I really appreciate your efforts. :D peace . . . scott

mavfreak

Thanks guys. But now that I don't work anymore and don't have access to the scrap pile and I don't have the equipment in my garage my fab work is limited now. doesn't mean I won't be building stuff like this anymore but maybe not to this scale.

Now Lets see some things you guys built I'm sure others have made things. We have all seen some amazing tractors (rat rods) lets see some attachments now!

catman81056

I like tinkering around with the welder.

DSCF0692.jpg

DSCF0703.jpg

DSCF0633.jpg

DSCF0679.jpg

DSCF0716.jpg

DSCF0723.jpg

DSCF0559.jpg

DSCF0504.jpg

mavfreak

catman, now thats what i'm talkin about. nice work! love the box grader. I was thinking of making one but weight is a issue with my hitch cause I'm useing the manual lift. I might be strong but not that strong. some day I may come up with hydrulic or some kinda electric lift. I have been thinking on it but haven't started anything yet.

keep them coming guys

Nick

Nothing new just my same old scrap pile projects.

grader blade from a snow blade.

paint004.jpg

Lawn Ranger 3pt still being modified.

20inch-1.jpg

Box blade with part of a snow blade left from another project.

3ptweb2.jpg

Weight frame and hitch.

3ptweb1.jpg

Sold the slip scoop.

scoop002.jpg

Save Old Iron

Mighty fine fab work there gentlemen ..... Mighty fine !! :thumbs:

Forest Road

Beautiful work guys! Argh I need a garage!!!!

Catman Killer plow. How has that top mounted rod on your plow worked out? Does it bottom out at all on the plow frame? I've taken to just using a bicycle cable and brake handle to release the plow and pushing it against something to turn it. Not fun. But the factory rod no longer falls out.

squonk

Can I post pics of my home made loader on my Power King here without pissing anybody off? :thumbs:

mavfreak

won't upest me at all. I like to see what others can do! Post away!

squonk

Ok just a couple then:

77 Power King 2414

DSCF0642.jpg

DSCF0643.jpg

weight box too

DSCF0641.jpg

mavfreak

wow we got alot of talented people on here

Forest Road

THis isn't exactly the right place for this question. But it looks like the right people are tuned in to answer it. I'm shopping for a small wire feed welder. Most of my welding is most likely Wheel Horse related. I think most of my work will be w/ 1/8" or 3/16" stock metal.

I just found a few 125 - 150 amp wirefeed welders locally on Craigslist. Is that enough power?

And I have minimal welding experience. So I'll be learning as I go.

Thanks

Kevin

wallfish

Not completely home made but fabbed up from a walk behind sweeper to fit the Tach O Matic. Also the shredder in the background and a few other things.

rotarybroomfront.jpg

mavfreak

yes make sure its has gas. And what brand is it. Miller hobart and lincon are the best. Also if you dicide to buy this make sure it works before you complet the sale. Some of these welders are more expensive to fix than to buy new. Also do a search on RS cause someone has done a great post about buying a welder. There is alot of info in it

mavfreak

Ok I finally sat down and got a good look at some of these fab jobs. Wow love the talent. Now I have a few questions.

squonk Did you build the front end loader from scratch or did you have plans or is it off something else that you fab-ed to fit the powerking ( witch looks great by the way)

nick I would like to see your hydraulics if you can show. and also your slip bucket looks great How much would it lift and how high?

Nick

Heath, The slip scoop lifted just high enough for the bucket to trip and dump.

The Ranger has a pump from a KW loader. Cant find a picture of the 3pt cylinder but it is under the seat.

mount010-1.jpg

Added a 3 spool valve to the loader for the 3pt lift.

finishtest002-1.jpg

And Im sure you have seen pictures of the loader but here is another.

rock015.jpg

mavfreak

thanks nick.

I want to do something simular but kinda needed pointed in a dirction. I'm getting tired of lifting everything. looks great!

Forest Road

Mavfreak

Thanks for the welder advice. I picked up a nearly new Hobart handler 125, no gas, for a steal. I doubt the guy put 10hours on it. It should be good for what I need. Hopefully I'll have a garage @ the next house and go for a larger unit w/ gas.

Kevin

squonk

Heath, The slip scoop lifted just high enough for the bucket to trip and dump.

The Ranger has a pump from a KW loader. Cant find a picture of the 3pt cylinder but it is under the seat.

mount010-1.jpg

Added a 3 spool valve to the loader for the 3pt lift.

finishtest002-1.jpg

And Im sure you have seen pictures of the loader but here is another.

rock015.jpg

squonk

Ok I finally sat down and got a good look at some of these fab jobs. Wow love the talent. Now I have a few questions.

squonk Did you build the front end loader from scratch or did you have plans or is it off something else that you fab-ed to fit the powerking ( witch looks great by the way)

nick I would like to see your hydraulics if you can show. and also your slip bucket looks great How much would it lift and how high?

A friend of mine helped build my loader. He's a long time fabricator.The loader is built after some original Power King drawings plus lots of pics from Power King owners. The bucket is a scoop/bucket hybrid. The OEM bucket has a rounded back and we had no way to bend the metal.

Forest Road

Thanks for the advice. I came across a 125 Hobart. It does a fine job on sheetmetal. But w/ 1/8 and 3/16 angle iron its maxed out. I'll have to keep my open for another Craigslist deal in the future.

Here's my first welding project. I used an old mule drive for the hanger. I'm thinking about making some additional support to hang on the mid hitch or maybe the rear lift mechanism.

100819_3121.jpg

100819_3124.jpg

100819_3123.jpg