Sign in to follow this  
Rideawaysenior

Benefit pull and show Granby, MA

Rideawaysenior

John,

You read my mind thank you. I am so excited for this event as well as nervous all at the same time. I hope to get a large draw but at the same time, I really want to just see everyone having a good time. Hope to see ass many as can make it there. If anyone gets there and can not find me, go over to the camper trailer that will be set up on the entrance road and I will be either there or someone there will be able to get me on the radio. I'd love to see everyone and shake all of your hands and thank you all for the support that you all have given.

Those who have given via donation as well as prayer who can not attend, I still thank you and when we do meet, I will shake your hands and thank you.

See you guys tomorrow.

PS I'll have a black T shirt and overalls on so just look for the overstuffed farmer.

Jack

Duff

Hi, Jack,

Packed up and ready to go. #2 312-8 (the one you helped me get) is on the trailer.

I plan on lending a hand wherever you need me. Are the grounds set up that I can use my tractor as my "ride" from place to place, or is it better if I leave it in a display area somewhere with a sign on it?

See you in the morning, my friend!

~Duff

wallfish

There should be plenty of room to cruise around. My grandson will be with me and he loves to ride around in the trailer.

I'm going to bring a few round hoods. None of them are restored or winning any beauty contests but all are fun to ride. If anyone would like to take one for a ride, just let me know and you are welcome to it.

chris11

Im bring the puller. not finished but i have been very busy with it. also bring my old charger 12. i love that old tractor. My girl is going to be taking lots of pictures.

Rideawaysenior

Thank you to all who attended. It was a wonderful time and great to see everyone. This event surpassed what I anticipated. We will certainly be doing this again next year and there will be a more to do.

Thanks again to all very much.

Jack

wallfish

Had a great time Jack

It was nice to see some familar faces and meet some new guys as well. Wish I had the camera but hopefully Chris11 will post some.

Crazywheelhorseman

I have to agree with John, it was nice getting out and seeing the guys that showed up and it was a pleasure to finally meet Duff. looking forward to next time!

chris11

Jack it was a great show. Cant wait till next year.It was nice meeting Duff and Mike and Jack. My girl took lots of pictures ill be sending you them as soon as she emails them to me. Duff i really like that tractor you had there today. Again it was nice see all the red gang.Jack Thank you.

nylyon

Jack, although I couldn't attend you and your family were in my thoughts over the weekend. I continue to be proud of the RedSquare community to pull together, and this was no exception.

:)

Duff

Fellas, I can't tell you the last time I had as much fun, and likewise, it was a pure pleasure meeting the Red Square gang! I've got a few pics I'll throw up here as soon as I get a few minutes to download them from my camera.

And it was all for a great cause! Jack, it's a privilege being your friend and having been able to help the family out if only in a tiny way! Don't hesitate to tap me next year to help out anyway I can.

Chris, that tractor of yours is something to behold. Guys, whatever you may have seen in pictures of the build doesn't begin to do justice to the machine in real metal! :wh:

John, great talk and I love your round hoods! Although I'm a maroon striper at heart, I may just have to start sniffing around for one! I think your grandson will be hooked for sure! :)

Wayne, a real pleasure finally meeting and chatting with you, and I hope we can do it again soon!

And Mike, also a real pleasure meeting and talking with you as well. I learned a ton about pulling from watching you guys (this was my first pull, I'm almost embarrassed to admit!).

...and there's one more member whose name I am horribly sorry to have forgotten because we had a great talk and I enjoyed meeting you. Please forgive me and chime in to jog my memory....was it Dan? :USA:

My very best wishes and thanks to all!

Duff :)

Crazywheelhorseman

Duff, you are correct the other member that was there was Dan (dano53) i'm sure he will chime in once he has a chance.

bustedglass

Sounds like it was a great time had by all. Cant wait for the pics :) .

Duff

OK, here we go witrh a few pictures. Sadly, I screwed up and accidentally whacked one of the controls so I only got about a third of the pics I took. Oh well....this will give folks an idea of how much fun we were having!

First off, a tribute to the youngest generation. This little fellow wasn't on a Wheel Horse, but at 3 years old he was still doing a great job. He made several full pulls! In this shot he was actually throttling up -on his own and unprompted!

Granbyshowpics014.jpg

Now to another fine young man - John's (Wallfish) grandson. (John - PM me with your email address and I'll send you an original for his album if you wish).

Granbyshowpics008.jpg

Wayne (Crazyhorseman) doing battle with the stone boat. Just after this shot the tractor frame snapped taking him out of the competition. Wayne took it in good humor and devoted his efforts to helping out others. Gresat guy!

Granbyshowpics015.jpg

And another great guy, (MRM) Mike Martell (did I spell that right, Mike?) competing one of several tractors he brought and pulled.

Granbyshowpics011.jpg

Now for a couple of tractors..... (Dan, I forgot your name but I got you in a picture!), This is Chris's work-in-progress:

Granbyshowpics007.jpg

John, this was one off yours, right?

Granbyshowpics003.jpg

..and I know this was John's. (My horse hauler is lurking in the background)

Granbyshowpics005.jpg

Sorry I don't have more to share - hope you enjoy these!

MRM

Great pics Duff,

and John thanks for letting me take the rat rod for a spin, loved it!!

Thank you all th RS guys that came. It was nice to meet some other

members. :)

My C-121 took first place by a long shot but if Waynes tractor didn't break

i don't know if i could have took first. Wayne get rig fixed up

June will be here soon.

wallfish

Thanks for the pics Duff. PM being sent. I'm glad you were able to make the trip down because it's always nice put a face to the name. Sorry I didn't have more time to just hang and talk but the little guy just couldn't stay in one place very long. He had a good time and asked when the next one is.

wallfish

Good to see you and Patty again Chris. Your machine looks great and can't wait to see that baby run.

This was an interesting pull. When the front kept popping up on him, he just flipped around onto the hood. The funny part was when the guys were busting on him about being the safety guy for the club.

100_4130.jpg

Duff

Patty, those are terrific pictures! Thank you for sharing them! :USA:

The first of what I hope are many memories to come from Granby in the years ahead.....

Warmest wishes to all,

bustedglass

Nice pics Duff. Thanks for sharing :) .

Crazywheelhorseman

Mike do you have any pictures of my broken frame?

Sparky

Nice pics Duff and Patty :USA: !

So Chris, why is it the picture of you has you all cozy with a John Deere?? :)

Mike.............

chris11

Mike thats not me, I hate those green things...OOPS did i say that out loud? Look in the group picture mike. ktr shirt.

bustedglass

Great pictures Patty. Thank You :) .

Coadster32

Sure looks like I missed a great time! Looked like a huge turn-out. Great community put-together. All for a great cause. This one was for your family Jack. I am happy to help out in the small way I did.