Sign in to follow this  
elixir20

6-6212 blower on a 310-8?

elixir20

Sorry for the double post (see main forum) about snowblower compatibility...basically will a model 6-6212 37" unit hookup properly with a 310-8 tractor? My local Toro dealer thinks not...the 6-6212 is an early 1970's vintage and they cannot cross it with a 1990 310-8. Help...

Thanks.

oldredrider

I'm setting up the very same blower for a "C" series this weekend...Doesn't seem to be much of a modification to do it. I'll let you know how it goes.

oldredrider

Did some diggin' and found an old post by Eldon. Easy to follow instructions. Instead of grooves for "E" clips, I'm just welding the bar into the blower frame. Check this out:

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?...T&f=4&t=406&st=

elixir20

oldredrider...How did you make out? I can't see the pictures on the link you attached. I'm still trying to figure out wether to buy this unit or not. I don't have any welding experience and little with fabrication...

oldredrider

It's really a piece of cake, even if you don't have a lot of fab experience. I just used scrap steel rod I had laying around for the front attach-a-matic, ground it down and welded it in with a wire welder. Lengthening the lift bar is cave man simple...Lowes or Home Depot has pipe to add length. The welding is not complicated and shouldn't cost much at all if you know somebody with a welder. If the blower is priced "right" and is in good shape, go for it. Come the first good snow, you'll be glad you did!

elixir20

Thanks for the encouragement. The unit is under $200 and seems to be in good shape. I'll give it a go...