Sign in to follow this  
Kelly

Part no for wheel gasket

Kelly

Yes I said wheel gasket, I need a pair of the gaskets that go in the lawn ranger 2 piece wheels for the front, I can make them but I really don't have much to go by from the ones I have out of the wheels I just blasted, anyone just silicone them?? I know I have to leave a gap the grease fitting so grease will get to the bushings.

Don1977

Silicone will rust the metal, I wouldn't use it. How about a good rubber base

windshield sealer. The other choice is tubes.

Kelly

With these rims you have to tube them, no way around that, the gasket is to keep the grease you pump into the rim from going up around the tube, and directs the grease to the wheel bearing/bushing

And I've never had a issue with silicone and rusting parts, and windshield urethane will glue them together, I don't need that.

TT

No gasket listed in my book for 1963 to 1968 models.

Could you use an o-ring? :thumbs:

oldandred

Kelly I never seen any eithor and i have all the rangers + a few extras

sorekiwi

When I first did my Ranger I just made them out of gasket paper. One of the origonals survived enough to use as a pattern. I probably still have it somewhere if you want a picture or dimensios.

When I went to the tri-ribs I threw the gaskets away and just bolted the wheels together dry, and went with sealed bearings. As long as I remember not to grease them, I shouldnt have a mess!

buckeye

i used silicone on mine and it worked just fine.

Lawn Ranger kid

Mine have the gasket to. But it dosen't show it in the manual. :thumbs: I made mine out of a very thin cardboard.

Josh

pfrederi

I made mine out of gasket material. Once you split the rim it is easy to trace the ID and the bolt holes. Just add about 3/4 inch to the ID for the OD...it isn't critical.

If your wife is into scrap booking or other crafts she may have a cutter that makes circles. My wife has one and i use it as much as she does to cut perfect circles in gasket material. The cost 15 bucks or so and can be found at any craft store (AC Moore, Michaels etc)