Sign in to follow this  
dustycarter

Really dumb question

dustycarter

Hello. I have a 312-8 Kohler m12 I just rebuilt. Put it together and it was fine.started real good. But the thing is, I can only mount 2 holes to the frame and engine. Is there a bracket that goes there? It has been 2 years since I have taken it off and have forgot just about everything. If you have any pictures of your tractors with the mounts or how its supposed to mount, if you don't care please post them. I am just out of luck. Thanks

jimt1971

Dusty,

There are two threaded holes towards the center of the oil pan.

Jim

rmaynard

In those two years since you took it off, you must have lost the factory issued "C" clamp

e40f923d.jpg

:thumbs:

Just kidding. The above posts are correct. Two bolts go up through the frame and into tapped holes in the bottom of the pan.

Bob

Roger from southern Iowa

Bob, you amaze me!!! :thumbs:

:D

rickv1957

In those two years since you took it off, you must have lost the factory issued "C" clamp

e40f923d.jpg

:thumbs:

Just kidding. The above posts are correct. Two bolts go up through the frame and into tapped holes in the bottom of the pan.

Bob

Bob, :thanks::D:D Rick

dustycarter

Thank you Mike and Jim. I got it mounted just right. i really do appreciate it. Thanks again.

As far as Bob goes :thumbs: I probably would have believed it. Thank goodness those guys chimed in first. Haha just joking. I knew it was mounted somewhee just couldn't figure out where.

dustycarter

look on the bottom side of the engine in the pan. there should be two tapped holes for two more bolts.

See this post image:

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?...ndpost&p=160583

Thanks a bunch for the picture. It helped. I went out there and low and behold I seen them lined up perfectly. Thank you very much for the picture :thumbs:

frankiefiredog

I feel a LOT better now. It's good to know you're not alone. My new motor is now mounted in it's proper place with the proper bolts in the proper holes :thumbs:

dustycarter

I feel a LOT better now. It's good to know you're not alone. My new motor is now mounted in it's proper place with the proper bolts in the proper holes :D

Same trouble huh? :thumbs: Oh well. Glad I'm not alone either. Thanks.

dobeleo

I had the same question on my tractor. I just ended up painting my C-Clamps Red.

Duff

I had the same question on my tractor. I just ended up painting my C-Clamps Red.

:D:D:thanks:

Duff :thumbs:

rickv1957

:D:D:thanks:

Duff :thumbs:

Nice to have a little fun!! :wh::beer: Rick