Sign in to follow this  
multihobbyguy

Can you identify this tractor? also,

multihobbyguy

My father bought a couple more tractors over the past week and was asking me some questions and I thought that someone here can probably answer his questions. The first question is mine, will these hub caps fit one of his lawn rangers? The second questions is, can this early 60's tractor be identified with no engine?

IMG_0403.jpg

IMG_0404.jpg

IMG_0397.jpg

IMG_0399.jpg

IMG_0398.jpg

Kelly

Yes those cap are the right size, if the fronts will clear the plastic dust caps I'm not sure.

Other tractor looks like a 60 suburban, 400 I think I'm not the best on the mid engine tractors.

C-Series14

I am no expert on the old ones but love to get things going....even though this is a guess...

The engineless tractor is a 1960 Suburban and no clue on the hubcaps. :thumbs:

linen beige

The levers for throttle and choke were only used in 1960. If there is no sign of it ever having a battery and solenoid mounted in the tool box it is a 400. The 550 had electric start and used a battery and solenoid in the tool box.

The Toolman

Yes those cap are the right size, if the fronts will clear the plastic dust caps I'm not sure.

Other tractor looks like a 60 suburban, 400 I think I'm not the best on the mid engine tractors.

Does the lawn ranger have 8" wheels? If so, I learn something new every day....haha

Kelly

fronts are, 4" rears are 8"

oldandred

yep thje front hub caps will fit a lawn ranger I have them on three of mine

and the four inch one are hard to find

stevasaurus

I love your back yard. :thumbs:

Kelly

I love your back yard. :D

Who said it was his back yard?? might be out in front :thumbs:

stevasaurus

OK... I love your front yard. :thumbs:

multihobbyguy

:thumbs: That is actually my mom and dads place. Fortunately for my mother most everything is out back. Unfortunately for my mother he has 10-20 acres of machinery there at the home place plus several commercial properties he stashes stuff. He loves to buy and sell stuff, but he seems to buy way more than he sells. His interests are all over the board from full size tractors(mostly international) to old farm and oil field engines along with the garden tractors. Basically if you can put gas in it he is interested. I will see if my brother has a aerial view of the home place to post at some point.