Sign in to follow this  
stevasaurus

Sycamore Steam Show & Thrashing Bee

stevasaurus

The Sycamore Steam Show & Thrashing Bee will be held this August 12 -15 just outside Sycamore, Illinois. Kind of north central in the state. This is a fairly large show with lots of steam. Operating saw mill, flea market, etc. Not too much in garden tractors (about 25 assorted names) last year. But that could change if some of the people that live close want to get together. Smokin'Joe and I are looking to be there on Saturday with some horses at the moment. They had a nice shaded area last year.

http://www.threshingbee.org/

Add to thread if interested. :thumbs:

smokin joe

I know there will be 2 more local guys with Wheel Horses!!It would be nice to round up a whole herd though!!!Give the John Deere guys something to talk about!! :thumbs:

dclarke

i'm going to try and make it up there on saturday Steve. won't know for sure until it gets closer, i'll let you know. sounds like a good time. Denny.

HankB

Thanks for the heads up on that Steve. I'm not positive I'll make it but I will try.

Is that the kind of thing where folks bring their WH tractors to show off? Not sure I'll have anything ready except for my 314-H. :thumbs:

-hank

smokin joe

This is the type of show where not to many of the tractors are restored!!That why I like the Sycamore show!!My project tractors arent frowned upon!!!

HankB

This is the type of show where not to many of the tractors are restored!!That why I like the Sycamore show!!My project tractors arent frowned upon!!!

That's cool. I have a nice Raider 12 badly in need of restoration. All I've done so far is change oil (engine and trans) and patch the holes in the hood.

What would I need to know to bring a tractor? Is there a registration process? Does it have to be there on the opening day? I'm close enough to Sycamore to do that.

thanks,

hank

PS: I still need to call you about the tin for the K301!

stevasaurus

If you don't feel like bringing a horse for one day...just come out and say hi...maybe we can do better next year. They also have a place for old cars and trucks, so if you drive one of those you will be able to park with them. :D Did I mention that the food is excellent...pulled pork sandwich and corn on the cob. :thumbs:

smokin joe

That's cool. I have a nice Raider 12 badly in need of restoration. All I've done so far is change oil (engine and trans) and patch the holes in the hood.

What would I need to know to bring a tractor? Is there a registration process? Does it have to be there on the opening day? I'm close enough to Sycamore to do that.

thanks,

hank

PS: I still need to call you about the tin for the K301!

It is free to get in when you bring a tractor to show.There is a registration if you want to drive in their parade.Just a safety precaution.You can bring your tractor just for one day with no questions asked.It is a really good show!!

smokin joe

were getting closer!!Is anyone coming to this?

HankB

were getting closer!!Is anyone coming to this?

I plan to be there.

stevasaurus

I'll be there that Saturday Joe. :thumbs:

HankB

I'll be there that Saturday Joe. :thumbs:

Which Saturday?

:D

stevasaurus

Hank, you are right. It is a good thing we talked last night. I was thinking it was next weekend, and it is really this weekend. I am going to be there this Saturday...Aug 14, 2010 Getting there between 9:00 & 10:00 AM. Bringing a tractor if I get my truck back in time. :thumb

Thanks Hank

HankB
Hank, you are right.

stevasaurus

Hank...that show starts tomorrow (4 day show), I would think the guy you saw was on his way. Thanks for the offer on swinging by with the trailer, I'd take you up on that if I wasn't supposed to get my truck back tomorrow. That's very nice of you.

They have a 1 foot gauge train out there on the back side of the show, the small tractors were set up across the street from there on the inside curve last year. :thumbs:

stevasaurus

Just got back from a very hot and humid day at the show. My daughter had my camera, so I didn't get any pics. HankB was out there with his though. I hope he posts his because it was a very good show. Lots of steam, hit-n-miss regular tractors, food,and about 40 to 50 garden tractors. all makes and a fair showing of Wheel Horses. We will need a larger area next year. :)

HankB
... My daughter had my camera, so I didn't get any pics.

HankB

Edit - I put the videos together and think it looks a lot better.

I don't see any way to post video except to provide the Youtube link.

Art Lootens' steam tractor, a corn shelling demo and some hit and miss engines.

-hank

stevasaurus

Hank...fantastic pictures and video. Thanks for sharing all that. :) :USA:

Lane Ranger

Great photos and looks like a great time and another HOT, HOT, DOT day in Sycamore, Illinois.

Thanks Steve and Hank for posting this!

:)

Brrly1

Steve, I have to agree, it looks like it was a good show also. Alot of different tractors, shapes, sizes. I really like the Hit-Miss engines. They are pretty impressive. There is a big show this next weekend at Portland, Ind. That one is usually a good size show. I might make it down there possibly Friday but more than likely Saturday as work has kept me busy.See Ya, Bye

Burly :)

:USA: