Sign in to follow this  
Majkie79

New among you guys - 518-H

Majkie79

Hi to everybody,

I just want to thank you for such a good web pages. It is realy perfect source of information.. By the way these pages made me to buy my 518-H (R1-18OE02). I was looking for some tough machine and I finally found it in this incredible red thing.

I am from Czech republic and I need to mow our small sport air-field + it has to be able to do much more then just mow. I have bought it from England 3 days ago in quite bad condition, but after 3 days of basic maintaince and a loooot of adjustments it begins to look like I want to. I would like to restore it completely in off-season. The engine - Onan Power Plus P218 - works perfectly, it has great sound, clean run, the trany - Eaton 1100 - works pretty well as well. I am very satisfied with it. Hope it will go on for several years.

I would like to thank you again for such a good source of information. I am pretty sure that I will post some new topic with a lot of technical questions soon. (of course only if I am not able to find the answers with the "search" button :D)

So, I am glad to be one of you now, you are doing great job.

(sorry for my "English" - hope you will be able to understand what I wanted to say) :thumbs:

Save Old Iron

:thumbs:

tgranthamfd

(sorry for my "English" - hope you will be able to understand what I wanted to say) :thumbs:

Completely understood and :D

bitten

Hello and :thumbs:

JimD

:D Glad to have you with us. :thumbs:

Roger from southern Iowa

NO problem understanding your post.

Now Horsefeathers, that's another story............ :thumbs:

And congratulations on the :D

rickv1957

:thumbs: Rick

Posimoto

Welcome to the forum Majkie

Majkie79

Thank you very much for such a nice invitation. To be honest.. for few last days I feel myself like mad or something.. I am spending hours on internet searching for possible accesories, looking at members pictures (btw. I am absolutely impressed by loaders like from "Roger's from southern Iowa" avatar). I am seriously afraid to be bitten by some bug? Do you know anything about it?

PS: I did my first serious mowing job with my "new" :thumbs: . Our airfield has something about 7 acres and it seems to be a piece of cake for it :D

Raider12

:thumbs: :D

Buzz

:D If you have been reading the forum, you know we like pictures. :D

Your 518-H is a 1990 and is a great tractor. I don't know if you've been on the Toro site but they have quite a few helpful manuals that you can download. Go to:

https://lookup3.toro.com/request/request.cfm

Enter R1-18OE02 for model and "none" for serial number. Remember that in the OE, the O is the letter(Onan) not the number. Good luck and have fun. :thumbs:

racinfool40
DSCF1470.jpg here'a my 518-h love the tractor and plenty of power and has never failed me and :thumbs:

bustedglass

:thumbs: , glad to have you here. And always, :D:D .

racinfool40

My 518 also needs some work as you can see in the above pic waiting for winter also be patient and ask questions. This is the best place i found. alot of knowledgeable gents on this site!!!! :thumbs:

sorekiwi

:D

Your tractor is interesting to us as the European version of that model had the Eaton 1100, whereas our US version had the less robust Eaton 700.

We had another guy from the Czech republic join a year or so ago. Mind you, we started talking tractors, and then got onto Bekorovka and Czech women! :thumbs:

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?...=15294&hl=czech

Nick

One of the experts will know for sure but with manual lift wouldnt it be an eaton 700. Just took a look at Stigs euro spec 518 and it does have hydro lift. :thumbs:

wh1257

here my 518-h with hydro lift

P1010087.jpg

P1010086.jpg

P1010085.jpg

P1010084.jpg

Majkie79

Hi guys,

thanks for very nice comments. Especialy for the link to another conversation with "Remko" another czech guy here. I was absolutely astonished how the world small is. One of "Sorewiki's" thread where he wrote that he spent some time in Czech republic, in Havirov - where I was born and lived till my university graduation and and also Most - where btw I live now (both cities are on the oposite sides on Czech republic) - what a coincidence.. dont't you think? And Becherovka? Very sweet herbal liqueur which drinks old ladies here.. total headache maker. I prefer BEER :thumbs:

I fully understand you would like to see some pictures of my wild one.. so there you are.. enjoy. I am looking forward to your comments.

to Nick: my WH has definitely Eaton 1100. It has a oil filter visible from rear and no reservoir under the seat as E700. I become to be a WH pro :D

The guy who has sold it to me from England has it just for a while. It was messy and he told me that it not goes reverse. I was little bit affraid of transaxle condition, but it thankfully DOES GO REVERSE. It wanted only some adjustment and everything works like it is supposed to work. I am really very happy with it, especialy with the benefit of this FORUM.

518-H_1.jpg

518-H_2.jpg

518-H_3.jpg

518-H_5.jpg

518-H_4.jpg

518-H_6.jpg

518-H_7.jpg

Ken B

I had a 518 myself. You can't beat the sound of an Onan when its under a good heavy load. Glad to have ya here. :thumbs:

mavfreak

:thumbs:

wheel horse man

:thumbs: galde you joined this is a very good web site. Taylor

rickv1957

Nice looking 518 you have there! :thumbs: Rick

Duff

That is a fine looking tractor, and let me join the chorus of guys saying, :D !

We're really glad to have you here and to welcome another member from Europe! Also, you're English is just fine - no problems understanding anything you've told us! :thumbs:

Duff :D

Nick

Majkie79 See my problem now, I noticed the picture of a manual lift tractor above and thought that was yours. Should have scrolled back up to the name.

That is a nice looking 518. :thumbs:

Roger from southern Iowa

Great looking :D I'm very glad you got it. :thumbs: