Sign in to follow this  
Philipp

wheel horse lift

Philipp

Hello everybody,

A year ago I bought my first Horse: a '78 c-161 8 speed. Meanwhile I bought a '72 raider 10 (Wheel Horses are quiete rare over here).

I also have a SD, RD, wheel weights, lawn roller, 36" tiller and a 48" dozer blade.

(I only use the raider for the lawn)

It's a great powerfull machine . I can pull trees (8 meters heigh) out, till rough soil, last winter I pulled three cars that were stuck due to the snow, and I removed 30 tons of gravel with it for making driveway. I really love the torque of the kohler, the only problem I had was that a wheel hub was worn out. For the rest the 8 speed works fine.

I'm trying to post pictures without photobucket. If it doesn't work I will made a slideshow on youtube tomorrow.

The only drawback i have found is that I can't use the blade with downpressure. (For example when you go backworths to level the soil.) I've already put 50 kilos on the front but it doesn't gives good results. (And it's very heavy to lift).

I 've always found previous posts on redsquare (for example how the tiller mounts) and I must say thank you to this forum because it has often helped me out. But I didn't found this subject over here.

I'm thinking of installing an electric actuator. The one I saw in the gallery (a 417-8). I found a dealer over here who has an original nos. So here's my question: Is it possible to install the lift and keep the tractor as original as possible? Will the original actuator have enough power to lift, with the dozer blade mounted, the front tires, or shall I buy a more powerfull one?

Greet

Philipp

64s

Philipp, I have an acutator on my 312-8 and it has enough down pressure to raise the front wheels. Its an aftermarket acutator, but I would assume a Wheel Horse NOS acutator would do the job - every attachment I've ever used was engineered properly.

:thumbs: Where is 'over here'?

George

Philipp

Thank you George. I live in Belgium. (I bought the c161 550 miles from here.)

Greet Philipp

tgranthamfd

:thumbs:

Philipp

Could somebody make a picture of the mounting where the actuator is installed? It would be a great help.

Greet Philipp

bitten

Hello and :thumbs:

I dont know for sure, but you might be able to replace the chain with a solid link and get the down pressure you want.

Philipp

I have to make a solid link anyway, but I haven't the forse to create enough pressure on the blade. By the way, do you make a solid link straight from the axle to the blade, or from the axle to the T-bar and then to the blade?

As promised some pictures.

C-Series14

The solid link goes from the blade to the tractor's lift mechanism...

rickv1957

:thumbs: Rick

Mrs. Ed

Hi and :thumbs:

wheelly

cool pics :thumbs:

MRM

I use a piece of steel in place of the chain so it is solid then you can push down on

the lift lever to get the down pressure.

:thumbs:

stevasaurus

:D Great pictures. That was a heck of a job you did with that gravel. :thumbs:

Philipp

Thank you all. I'm going to search a new Warner actuator in my neighbourhood.

http://www.stemin.nl/documentatie/Actuators/index.php

Anyone got a suggestion for what model I should buy? And how many Newtons do I need?

With a Wheel Horse you can make an afwul lot of work into much fun...

rickv1957

Great pictures,nice work!! :thumbs: ,Rick