Sign in to follow this  
Horse'n Around

I found one I might just pick up

Horse'n Around

I was at a buddys outdoor power place last week and we were going thru his store yard just looking. In the back corner is a Porter Cable tractor. Its powered by a good sized Tecumseh , I didnt get to look too close at it so I dont know what size engine it is, I dont know what came in them origionally. I dont know much about it but it is rust free and looks pretty complete to me from what I can see. Im not thinking about it for myself but I might get it and set it aside for someone else who is into them. I dont know what he wants for it yet, He is always extremely fair with me, When hes out of town I go in and do repairs for him to keep him from falling behind. The elderly owner brought it in a long time ago to be worked on and then he passed away shortly after so its just been sitting there. it looks like no one wants it so I might end up with it, but he wants to make doubly sure about it before he does anything with it.As Ive said before we are going to move to the Gettysburg area as soon as we can get transferred so I need something else to move like another hole in my head. its just that I would hate to see it go to a scrap yard because its kind of cool looking, not at all like a Wheel horse. I need to take some pictures of it and post them because I need your opinions as to weather this is something that folks might be interested in. When and if I do get it Im only going to ask for what it cost me, Im not doing this for personal gain, I just want to pass it on to someone and give it a good home and hopefully in the process make someone smile with a new toy/project. I dont want this going to the scrap yard if it can make someone happy .

I know its hard to say anything without seeing it, but what do you think??? if I can get it for a good price would someone be interested in it? Like I said, if and when I get it , Im not looking to make a profit on it, I just want to help out if I can. I will keep you informed as I get news on it, I will also take some pictures the next time Im at his shop. it sure has a strange looking hood on it, they are really strange/different looking tractors,but not in a bad way,they are just look different than what Im used to because I had never seen or heard of one before I saw this.I kind of like it.

Any input would be appreciated,

John

rickv1957

Cant say Ive ever seen one but I am sure somebody would like to have it,Rick

rustyoldjunk

they are a cool vintage machine built with an angle frame similar to wheel horse.

DMK855

AZTrooper, If it looks like the Porter Cable tractor in Perry's link, I would be very interested in it!! Where is it located though?? I have one and it kinda feels left out with the growing number of :D tractors!! :D

Here is a thread with pics of mine. It is powered with a 7hp Kohler. It is a VERY tough little tractor!!!! :thumbs:

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=14570

EDIT: Brainfart........ Just reread your post. I have family about 2 hours from Gettysburg so if it could happen, I could get it picked up from you there!!! Shoot me a PM or Email please!

Thanks,

Dwayne

Horse'n Around

Thanks for the responces and Perry thanks for posting that information, the tractor does look very much like the ones pictured. I need to find out what model it is when I go take pictures of it. When I go see it, I will talk to my friend about seeing if he has found out if he has any news about being able to sell it to me. I saw him at the 4th of July parade this morning but I couldnt talk to him(yup it was on the 3rd here :thumbs: )He was running his steam tractor in the parade at the time. He is really into steam tractors, he has been ever since High School. I should be able to see him on Tuesday and I will see what I can do about taking pics and getting more info about getting it. When I first looked at it, it really looked odd, but within a minute or two it really started to grow on me, it really is a cool looking tractor, but Im a Wheel Horse man so if I can get it , I will pass it along.

Dwayne, I will send you a message or email.

Thanks again,

John