Sign in to follow this  
wesley

Music

wesley

Have got realy hooked on a radio station your side of the pond, it called

CLASSIC COUNTRY RADIO dayton region ohio :thumbs: dam all the tractors are over the pond and the music .

wes

nylyon

Wes, I just got back from Dayton and didn't even notice that station. Do you know what frequency it's at, I'll be going back there soon will have to check it out. And if it makes you feel better, I didn't see ANY Wheel Horses in Dayton, but plenty of tires though!

Sparky

Was it regular radio or Satelite Radio, like XM or Sirius. I have Sirius and it has a few great country channels.

Mike........

Nick

Wes and Karl, Im not that far from Dayton and never heard of that station. Now if you want the Grand Daddy of country radio you need WSM home of the Grand Ole Opry. http://www.wsmonline.com/ The online sound isnt the best but at times better than the AM radio can do.

Another one to try is http://www.bluegrasscountry.org/ They let you listen with windows media without a signup. There are some other but been a while since I tried them.

I forgot about youtube, lot of good stuff on there also.

This song comes from Wes side of the pond.

Nick in Ohio

combatmp29r

Now hold on Karl Dayton is only about an hour away and you didn't get ahold of me? I feel the love coach :thumbs: :thumbs:

nylyon

Shoot, my bad..... I was at Good Year in Akron, not Dayton... Long night last night. But ifn you're anywhere close to Akron, I'm buying the beer!

combatmp29r

Only close to Akron if I'm at the farm. About 45 minutes or so away. :thumbs:

wesley

The station is on the net , but it must be a local station to as you get the local news on it as well, l find that intresting, sent them a mail last night and they found that real good that l was from the uk , they are on AM 1500 XENIA AND 1090 WILMINGTON ALSO 1130 EATON .

WES

Stigian

Wow Wes, i never thought you were a country music kinda guy :P

More a BBC radio 4 kinda gent :thumbs::D:P

While were on the subject of radio stations, if any of you guys are into classic rock

give Planet Rock a whirl :thumbs:

Alice Cooper doing the breakfast show is great :P :D

modracer

Wes and Karl, Im not that far from Dayton and never heard of that station. Now if you want the Grand Daddy of country radio you need WSM home of the Grand Ole Opry. http://www.wsmonline.com/ The online sound isnt the best but at times better than the AM radio can do.

Another one to try is http://www.bluegrasscountry.org/ They let you listen with windows media without a signup. There are some other but been a while since I tried them.

I forgot about youtube, lot of good stuff on there also.

This song comes from Wes side of the pond.

Nick in Ohio

bluegrass is the best! lol ive been lisening to it since i was little and country...all that kind of stuff :thumbs:

Nick

Ian,

If you like Alice you might want to try Alice Cooper Nights, maybe you have already. 92.3 The Fort out of Indiana plays it online I think. Just took a look at planet rock, that is a nice site and sounds good.

Kyl,

I went to the local bluegrass festival several times as a kid and have been back into it for a while now. Then again I have no problem going from listening to Ozzy right to The Osborne Brothers. :thumbs: Still amazes me to be able to find a video from that bluegrass festival on youtube 33 years later! I might have even been there that year, 5 or 6 years old. Ottawa Bluegrass Festival 1975.

Nick