Sign in to follow this  
danno676

Just bought a new one!!!

danno676

Just won this one on Ebay....can't wait to get home and try it out!!!! Only 6 days to go.

BvEbogEGkKGrHqVjkEv10DB6HBMCtnk9Q_3.jpg

BvEbQqwmkKGrHqNgsEv1sfRRvfBMCcyipQ_.jpg

BvEbHuQmkKGrHqNicEv10F2hlBMCNUtMQ_3.jpg

BvEb5eEGkKGrHqFi8Ev10E-RuBMDkMuw_3.jpg

:thumbs:

dgoyette

Congrats - it looks very clean and well cared for. Certainly is complete.

Kelly

Price wasn't bad, for the shape it looks to be in.

danno676

It is clean and complete. The paint is original as are the decals, the only scratches are on the rear fender decal that is shown in the last pic. Very exciting building the collection, now for some older ones!!!!!

rickv1957

Very nice looking tractor! :thumbs: Rick

Duff

Beautiful machine! Congatulations!

Duff :thumbs: :D

danno676

Thanks everyone, can't wait to get home and work it!!

Duff, love the black wheels!! I think I may do the same on my work horse.

whfan74

Nice score! :thumbs:

You will surely be happy with that machine.........congratulations! :D

HankB

Looks terrific!

I have one question - my 314-H has a transmission declutch lever in the panel between the seat and dash. Doesn't the 414-H have one too? (It releases the tension on the drive belt.)

I also suggest inspecting the underside of the foot rests if you haven't already done so. That's where my tractor started rusting and from what I've heard, it is a common problem with that era tractor.

It's a great tractor and I'm sure it has many decades of service left in it.

danno676

Thanks WHFAN!!

Hank, I'll have to check it over when I get home (4 more days). I will say that I remember what you are talking about and I had that on both of the 3's I've had in the past. Now on my 5, there's no such animal which makes it an absolute bear to push!!! Unless I am missing somthing :thumbs:

As far as the footrests, yeah my 5 has started there....

Dale

I think when toro took over they quit using that lever. I have a 1991 520H that doesn't have it

danno676

I don't know. I have a 516 H which was only made for one year..86? 88? 88 I think and I swear I don't think it has it. The only thing I can remember being there is the parking brake, lift adjustment (manual lift on the 516's) and gear lever. I will certainly check when I get back.

rickv1957

With the gold lettering,tractor is a 96 model,50th anniv!,Rick

danno676

Sweet!! Silly me, I thought someone had PImPed it out.... :thumbs:

Herbl

I have 2 520H's and the 1988 model has the little lever to release clutch but the 1995 model doesn't. I hope that helps clear up the question. I believe when they went from the floor lever to the colomn lever they removed the de-clutch lever, possibly others will know more detail. Really the de-clutch lever rattles all the time, more of a pain than it is used..

HankB

With the gold lettering,tractor is a 96 model,50th anniv!,Rick

I noticed the gold lettering and wondered about that too. Cool!

I have 2 520H's and the 1988 model has the little lever to release clutch but the 1995 model doesn't. I hope that helps clear up the question. I believe when they went from the floor lever to the colomn lever they removed the de-clutch lever, possibly others will know more detail. Really the de-clutch lever rattles all the time, more of a pain than it is used..

Unfortunately that does not clear it up. My '97 314-H has the lever and the trans speed lever on the column. :D

Maybe it has to do with engine size or style. I recall that the intent was for cold starting so that the starter did not have to rotate a sluggish trans in cold weather. Maybe WH decided that this was not needed with the later Onan driven tractors. I think a 2 cylinder 16/20 horse engine might require less starting torque because the cylinders are smaller and the starter motor only has to pressurize one cylinder at a time.

The only time I use mine is for starting during cold weather. It was also convenient when I changed the belt. :thumbs:

-hank

jimbotelho

fine looking tractor I had a 416/8 and wish i had kept it was a good worker good luck :thumbs: :D

danno676

Thanks!! I had a 416 8, traded it for a 516 H which has the oddball hydro trans and manual lift deck. Looking forward to working this one, I'm going to look so cool cutting the grass all pimp style with the gold graphics :thumbs:

Roger from southern Iowa

Very nice!!!

You did good. :thumbs:

rickv1957

Thanks!! I had a 416 8, traded it for a 516 H which has the oddball hydro trans and manual lift deck. Looking forward to working this one, I'm going to look so cool cutting the grass all pimp style with the gold graphics :thumbs:

Before you know it,you will have 10 :D Rick

danno676

Don't think I will stop there :thumbs:

danno676

I have 2 520H's and the 1988 model has the little lever to release clutch but the 1995 model doesn't.