Sign in to follow this  
danno676

I think I found a good deal

rickv1957

Looks like a good buy! :thumbs: Rick

Gearbanger

He who hesitates doesn't get a 312-8. Looks like a real nice tractor. Good Luck.

danno676

I'm stuck between 2.

A 416h for $850

and the 312-8 that I mentioned here.

The 416 is super clean and runs awesome and has the hydro that I am looking for, then the 312 is just cool with the ag tires. I could always use it and replace my Workhorse with it...hmm the dilema. Perhaps I should just buy both :thumbs:

Ken B

The choice would be pretty simple for me. Buy the 312 and shop for a second tractor with the extra 500.00.

Mrs. Ed

Both, Both, Both! :thumbs:

dgoyette

The choice might be easy because I am kinda doubting the 312 will still be there. it would last about an hour at that price around here.

Buzz

The choice might be easy because I am kinda doubting the 312 will still be there. it would last about an hour at that price around here.

My thoughts exactly :thumbs: . Might even have been bought by someone who first saw the ad here........

Duff

OK, the CL posting is gone, so somebody must have got it - what happened? :D

Duff :thumbs:

danno676

:thumbs: :D:D:thanks::wh::beer::omg::banghead:

I don't know what happened or if it's so.....but that's the last time I post a for sale link here!!! From now on it's just descriptions!!!! @#$@(Y$R$ and so on.

Oh well, there's more deals out there and I'll find them.

Found a 314H SOMEWHERE and perhaps I'll be acting on that..think it's in the $500 range with only 400 hours on it.

Dang it, I really wanted the 312, it had the ag tires too.

HankB

Before you blame anyone here for the CL issue... Just consider that more than just the folks here follow CL. :thumbs:

And in any case, I'm a huge fan of the 314-H and I think you could do far worse than to buy one of those. :D

Personally, I think of you had one of those, you wouldn't need to buy a whole bunch of tractors to get the job done. :D

Good luck with your purchase!

rickv1957

What is that old saying,the early bird gets the worm :thumbs: Rick

dobeleo

Im rebuildina a 312-A now.

I travel midwest driving a truck, wife always sees me looking at craigslist in the area i am traveling to.

She threatens me that I better not bring anything home until I get this tractor done.

Duff

Danno, I have to go with Hank on this one - lots of good stuff on Craigslist is gone before anyone could even post a link here. And rarely if ever have I seen someone here snap something out from under another member. Of course we can't keep an eye on the "guests" who may be shopping without us knowing it, but our own members - some 3,000 strong - are a pretty stand-up bunch of folks!

danno676

Oh come on guys I was simply expressing frustration that I missed out, I think this board is WAY too friendly to do something like that. :thumbs:

It's amazing that thing was posted and deleted in less than 24hours

I think the 314h will be good, small tractor with a big engine. It has a rear discharge deck too which I've been wanting and will work well with my new sweeper.

My poor wife, I tell her of my CL finds when we talk nightly and I hear her losing interest gradually as she realizes this is becoming an obsession!!!

hodge

Danno, I have to go with Hank on this one - lots of good stuff on Craigslist is gone before anyone could even post a link here. And rarely if ever have I seen someone here snap something out from under another member. Of course we can't keep an eye on the "guests" who may be shopping without us knowing it, but our own members - some 3,000 strong - are a pretty stand-up bunch of folks!

I agree, Duff. I live an hour and a half from Richmond, and that 312 got caught on my radar. When I saw that danno was interested, I didn't even consider calling. Right is right, and wrong is wrong. I will not do that to someone.

Sorry you missed it, danno. Here in VA, they don't come along every day. But, it does seem that your best chance to find one is in the Richmond section, or the Hampton Roads section...

Oops, spilled the beans....

Buzz

A couple of years ago my wife fell and broke her back. Couldn't get out of bed for a while. Early one morning I was on bedpan duty so I checked Craigslist. There was a Sears tractor with a front end loader and 20hp Onan. Another Sears with an onan and a snowplow and a lot of other stuff. I think he wanted $250 for everything. :D 50 miles away but might as well been a million, I couldn't go get it :thumbs: . I posted the ad here on Red Square. Duane was awake, called the guy and bought it all. The guy pulled the ad. It was up less than an hour.

danno676

I agree, Duff. I live an hour and a half from Richmond, and that 312 got caught on my radar. When I saw that danno was interested, I didn't even consider calling. Right is right, and wrong is wrong. I will not do that to someone.

Sorry you missed it, danno. Here in VA, they don't come along every day. But, it does seem that your best chance to find one is in the Richmond section, or the Hampton Roads section...

Oops, spilled the beans....

Hodge, what part of VA are you in??

I too am about an hour and half from Richmond, just curious.

Now I'm worried because I know there is another WH nut scanning CL for deals!!!

I will let you in on another secret. If you google craigslist you can search within the google search results for any particular item across the country. You can also use craiglook and search by distance from a certain zip code.

Thank you for saying 'right is right', I feel the same way.

danno676

A couple of years ago my wife fell and broke her back. Couldn't get out of bed for a while. Early one morning I was on bedpan duty so I checked Craigslist. There was a Sears tractor with a front end loader and 20hp Onan. Another Sears with an onan and a snowplow and a lot of other stuff. I think he wanted $250 for everything. :D 50 miles away but might as well been a million, I couldn't go get it :thumbs: . I posted the ad here on Red Square. Duane was awake, called the guy and bought it all. The guy pulled the ad. It was up less than an hour.

May be harsh...but bed pan duty or not I'd be on my way!!! "Honey, here's a trash bag...just in case. I'll be right back!!!" :D

Wheel Horse Fan

There was an insane deal for a 520H with deack and a plow I think on CL for like $300. The guy posted it with his number at 7:30am ish. I saw the ad at 9 or so and called, no answer, I left a voicemail. Never heard back and about an hour later the ad was gone. It's amazing how a local ad can go that quick on a Saturday morning.

danno676

There are people that make their living on CL, scouting out good deals and reselling them.

Kelly

I have got many many killer deals off CL and resold them, the best was little over a year ago I bought out a Case garden tractor dealer, over 4 semi loads, all for $3000 I made just about $25,000 so far off it, most is gone but put money in my pocket to buy more deals, and pay cash for a newer truck, the deals are out there, just have to look every chance you get.

danno676

WOW, that's impressive!!! I've done that before with cars/trucks/motorcycles but until now I've never thought about mowers and tractors.

It's like a new doorway has opened!!

Butch

Same with Ebay. Post an Ebay ad here and you may lose out. And if I'm bidding I do so in the last 5 seconds because I've lost too many bids by those who do that.

Butch

S. Jersey

danno676

Same here, and if I'm at sea I PRAY for good internet signal. I've lost plenty with a 4 bar to no service flash, usually from a radio key up or something like that.