Sign in to follow this  
danno676

520H Value

danno676

I found a deal on CL about 2 hours from my house for a 520H. SUPER clean, minimal to no rust, nice and shiney paint. The deal is it doesn't run. The owner states that the engine has been rebuilt and should run but in needs to have the wiring harness repaired. It also has the swept front axle and 60" deck. Sleeve hitch. The hour meter shows 840 hours. He didn't list the year so I don't know how old it is.

I know you guys like pictures, but take it from me it is VERY clean other than a split or two in the seat.

?????

Thanks

rickv1957

Going in blind not running,maybe300.00 to 500.00,Rick

danno676

Yeah, he's asking $650 but can probably get down to $500, I also found a real clean 416 H that is super clean for $875 with 1k hours on the clock. I'm looking for something with the hydraulic deck to make using the snow plow easier.

Ken B

I have a general rule of thumb when looking to purchase from a total stranger. I believe nothing that I hear and only half of what I see. I 've been burned in the past trusting total strangers.

I'd be asking who rebuilt it and where are the receipts just for starters. Even though you could probably get it for 500.00 it may need mo hundreds to get it running and everything else working. Then again, it may run with just a little wiring harness work. Without it running you can't even try the hydraulics out to see if everything else is in working order. Kinda risky. :D

danno676

Very good point Ken B. He states he has a "few" receipts but who knows the quality of the rebuild. Myself, I'd rather have a worn out smoker that an unknown quality rebuild....if that makes sense. At least you have somewhat of a starting point with bore etc and don't have to worry about shoddy assembly, inferior quality replacement parts, improper torque specs and so forth.

jtmoyer

i bought one for $500 with out a deck and it just needed 1 wire hooked up. took some time to find out which one it was though. if you were to part it out you could get at least $300 out of the deck and $100 out of the steering. i would say $500 is a safe bet.

Save Old Iron

Yep , what Ken B said.

If all it needs is a little wiring work - why not do, or have done, the little bit of work needed, get it running and sell it for $1000 ?

Ya gotta wonder.

Nick

At $500 it would be real hard to get hurt on the deal no matter the condition of the engine.

baerpath

Just sold a 60 deck for $500, so that would mean it could be a free tractor if you can get it for $500 :USA::D

Duane

Another thought is you can run the engine without the wiring harness, all you need is a few jumper wires

wedgeheaded

I just sold my 93 520 with the 60" deck for $1250. It had a little less than 1200 hrs, ran and mowed great, new bat, fairly new PTO belt and rear tires. I work with the buyer so he knew me and my maintence habbits.