Sign in to follow this  
rueger-99

C-120 Goes up in FLAMES!!!

rueger-99

Well almost....... :D . Just about finished mowing the lawn when the motor started sputtering.....at first I thought I was out of gas, but all of the sudden smoke started blowing out the muffler and flames started to roll out from under the hood. I switched the key off and ran into the basement to grab a fire extinguisher, luckily I was mowing the back yard and was only about 25' from the extinguisher. The damage is minimal and will take little effort to repair....it still runs actually, I restarted it to park it. I guess the mower deck moves back to the 314 for the time being.

IMG_2448.jpg

IMG_2444.jpg

IMG_2451.jpg

IMG_2447.jpg

IMG_2450.jpg

IMG_2446.jpg

[iIMG_2445.jpgMG] IMG_2449.jpg

rmaynard

Man, that's a bummer. What was the cause?

Bob

WH Raider10

Damn that sucks! Any idea what happend? Kohler engines never totally die,get er back running! :USA: :D

Save Old Iron

I would guess oil film on the parts was touched off by a spark sneaking out around from a small crack in the ignition coil or spark plug cap. Then the rubber catches fire and ...........

Save Old Iron

or a dried out mouse nest in the cooling fins

rueger-99

Damn that sucks! Any idea what happend? Kohler engines never totally die,get er back running! :USA::D

This mower had been sitting for some time and today is the first time I put it to use. I't seemed to be running fine until all hell broke loose. I think when it sputtered it blew gas back into the air cleaner...you know, the one right next to the smoking HOT muffler. I guess I should have rebuilt the carb before I started using it, I had to clean the fuel pump to get it to work so I would think the inside of the carb didn't look much better.

Anyone have a part# for a carb rebuild kit?

Kohler K3012 - 47421d

Thanks

jpmcleod

Sure am glad you saved it. I guess I am a little partial to C-120's. I think they are great.

rickv1957

Although your tractor suffered some damage,it looks like it could have been much worse,good luck on repairs!,Rick

stevasaurus

very lucky... :D

JimD

Glad it wasn't worse. You might want to have your local fire inspector check it out though...

firemansquirrel.jpg

Chuck, you're slippin. :D

VinsRJ

Aaaaahhhh spray a little red on it and it'll be fine....... :D

Could have been a lot worse, glad to see you saved her!

Mrs. Ed

:USA: good save with the fire extinguisher. You'll have it fixed soon. :D

horsefeathers

In all serisoulessnesssless,(spell checker off) it's not a bad idea to clamp a fire extinguisher on yer horse! It may just save a horses life some day!

Great job Reuger of snuffin' this one out!

The horse lives to celebrate another birthday!

:D HORSEFATHERS!

barns1

Good save. You won't keep that horse down for long. They're tough little tractors. Most of the time we get called to one of these fires the tractor is totaled, you did great saving her. Always keep a fire extinguisher close and know how to use it. I keep one in my Horse barn at all times. Also, don't forget to replace or recharge every few years.

bo dawg

Wow! I would say she's cleaned out now and probably run better. :thumbs: