Sign in to follow this  
Horse'n Around

K161 bearing plate question

Horse'n Around

I have a K161 that Im planning to do something with and I need to replace the bearing plate. A PO broke all but 1 of the shroud mounting bosses off of it. I removed the bearing plate and this one does not have a roller crankshaft bearing,it has a insert that more resembles a bushing instead of a roller bearing. Are all K161 bearing plates interchangable? Since Im using a battery ign. system on it it doesnt matter to me weather it has mounts for a mag or not because I wont be needing a magneto. I guess I could hold out and try to find one like the one that came on it , but it seems to me having the roller bearing would be much better so if they are interchangable I would like to install one with roller a bearing.

Id appreciate your input a lot,

Thanks,

John

WH nut

If you dont need the Mag mount grab one off and 8hp, thats what I did

sorekiwi

I've never seen one with a bushing John. It must be areally early one.

I had some troubles a few years ago trying to fit a blower housing from a K161 onto a K181. It turns out that the early plate are slightly smaller than the later ones. Both will fit the engine, but you need to use the right blower housing.

Here's the thread where I asked the question, and TT (as always!!) had the answer: http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?...c=5775&hl=plate

Good luck!