Sign in to follow this  
Stigian

Norlett Tractor

Stigian

I spotted this Norlett :thumbs: on fleabay last night,now is it me or does it look a bit on the Wheel Horse side of things :thumbs:

Can any of you guys throw any light on it?

A Wheel Horse made under licence by Norlett perhaps :D

8d60_12.jpg

93bd_12.jpg

97e7_12.jpg

ab24_12.jpg

Norlett Thingy

perry

thats definitly a wheel horse. email and ask him for the model-serial #'s.

is that tractor near you ?.

T-Mo

Perry beat me to it, as I was going to say it does look like a Wheel Horse. From the deck, grille, belt guards to the dash - definitely looks Wheel Horsy.

Stigian

Just emailed the seller to find out if it has any id plates etc

Its a bit to far for me to go and buy it :P , but as are most of the Wh's i see on ebay :D

I did see another Norlett on ebay early last year but didnt follow it up :thumbs: :thumbs:

perry

i just noticed that crome stack :thumbs:

Sparky

It definately a Horse. Looks like someone just used a Norlett plate to fill the front of the grill. I see a couple of "fresh" rivits holdin it in.

Mike..........

Stigian

Just got a reply from the seller, let the :thumbs: ing begin :thumbs:

hi there ian the norlett is a T8/36, model-2-4300, serial-138071, amnor, N.V. b2431, oevel, Belgium. hope this helps, thanks craig

CasualObserver

I've done some quick searching, and all I can come up with for Norlett is rotovators.... some PO probably broke the original escuteon plate and took something that fit to replace it and Viola' a Norlett Tractor! Then the tractor goes to auction, and some other sap buys it and doesn't bother to research it... just decides to ebay it for some quick profit. No matter what... makes for probably a pretty cheap Wheel Horse for one of you UK boys to get.... with an electric clutch to boot!

Or... is it possible that this "Norlett" bought a bunch of overstock/obsolete parts and started putting together their own tractors?

Stigian

All i can find on the interwebthingy is Norlet Rotavators as well Jason :thumbs:

It might well be a messed about with Wheel Horse, just a shame its not in my neck of the woods :thumbs:

Nick

I cant find much on the Norlett either But there was a Norlett in Norway that was purchased by Husqvarna in 1981. Also just noticed the deck doesnt look right but maybe they took the wheel horse and a norleet and made one tractor. :thumbs:

Nick

TT

The tractor is definitely constructed of Wheel Horse parts. :thumbs:

If you notice -- the hoodstand is drilled for the newer style PTO engagement lever - which I believe started in 1973 - and it has the newer style plastic dash plate with control levers - which were first used in 1972. It has individual clutch & brake pedals which weren't used here until 1974, and of course the hood is from 1966 to 1969.

The mower deck should be model # 5-7365, which is a 1969 36" rear discharge unit for the garden tractors. I had a 42" deck here with the same height adjuster and similar mounting carriage.

The engine doesn't look like a Kohler either. :thumbs:

CasualObserver

The engine doesn't look like a Kohler either. :thumbs:

Terry, that's because it's a Honda. (Ian had the ebay link under the pictures)

a3a6_12.JPG

TT

oops.....

I was so busy with the magnifying glass on the photos that I missed the link. :thumbs:

The price I pay for being up until 4:30 AM. :thumbs:

combatmp29r

The deck adjuster is the same one used on the 5-7361 RD deck for the Vertical Commando/Charger V7 V8s . Works alot better than that turn screw set up on the side discharges. Just not as many settings possible.

Nick

I missed the ebay link the first time to, and I was only up till 1:30am. :thumbs: Also took a better look at the deck, for some reason I had first thought the mounts were modified. Dont think Ive ever owned a 36" rd deck with that style mount.

Nick

combatmp29r

Nick the mounts look like vertical shaft mounts from the V7/V8s flipped bacwards with a newer carriage attached to me. I don't know the horizontal setups all that well though so I just thought it was normal. :thumbs:

TT

Try 5-0710 at the MPV....

There's an IPL drawing for that one. :thumbs:

Stigian

You guys never fail to amaze me with all your Wheel Horse knowledge :D:thumbs:

Buried in between all the Norlett rotavators on google, i found this mention of a Norlett tractor on allotments-uk.com's forum.

Shame no one replyed to the questions :thumbs:

Hello all, firstly I'm new here so I hope this is the right place to put this.

I recently aquired a 1974 Norlett sit on tractor, i'm guessing off the piston size its roughly 250cc and 2 stroke requiring premix fuel.

Anyway, i was wonder afew things:

*Does anybody have any correctly scaled carb gasket print out that I can use to get an accurate copy.

*Any pictures of the Norlett series from around this time

*Any idea where online I could get cheap spares from as I'm from England

If you could help me with any of these I would be very grateful, even if you just know some basic information on the tractor. Ask if you need to know more information and I will try get what you need to help me, pics also coming soon.

Also, what roughly would this be worth once restored and running perfect?

Im guessing that someone changed the engine in his for a smaller one.