Sign in to follow this  
mowerman1193

Motor swapping issues & questions

mowerman1193

First issue is the engines block...The block from the motor that was on the C-121 on the PTO side was flush but the block from the Bronco 14 has a circular raised lip..So mounting the bracket that holds the PTO brake pad and the other PTO parts does not sit flush up to the motor block..I think I could use a couple washers in behind the bracket but not sure yet..Did Wheel Horse use another style bracket for this situation?

Next Problem is....The C-121 had the motor mount plate with the rubber bushings etc..The Bronco 14 was mounted directly to the frame..Instead of changing oil pans etc I opted to remove all the C-121 motor mount stuff and just mount the 14hp right to the frame like on the Bronco 14..This raises another issue..I now have no place for the PTO loop rod thing to mount to on the bottom end (lower end ) as the motor mount plate had the hole for that..So what can be done here? I was thinking I could probably make something out of a piece of angle and bolt it to the frame?

Then comes the wiring...Bronco 14 wires from the motor has a plug with only 2 prongs and the C-121 has a third prong with a orange colored wire? not sure what to do here as I have never messed with wiring much at all..

Thanks for any advice info on maybe correct style brackets etc..

Kevin

Kelly

Kevin you need to make a trip over here, I should have most of what you need to complete the swap, you will need a longer PTO hoop also, the wiring will be for someone else, I'm ok at it but don't want to give advice on it.