Sign in to follow this  
perry

stop!.... listen

perry

this has got to be one of the best i have herd this sung. most people butcher it.

..... WOW!

illinilefttackle

Perry-wait a minute while I wipe the tears from my eyes-That was great! If you close your eyes while your listening, you would swear it's being sung by adult singers. I have heard many a National Anthem from the football field-in large stadiums, by professionals. that didn't sound as good.-AL :thumbs:

69DEZ

PERRY!!! Thanks for making this big Meany CRY.... happens everytime. Those girls did a GREAT JOB!! :thumbs:

Rollerman

That was incredibly well done.

Those girls worked hard at that & it shows. :thumbs:

Sparky

I work on a Navy Base evey day and at 8am sharp they play the national anthem. The Navy guys stand at attention and all traffic stops til its over. I love that part of the morning.

Mike.........

.5racer

:thumbs: Those girls should be Red Squares Honurary Singers !

( sorry about the spelling )

That was VERY impressive !!!!

Greg B.

When you see the freaks in the streets, again, just like 40 years ago, hearing those young ladies puts a little perspective on it.

Thanks, Perry,

Greg B.

CasualObserver

I work on a Navy Base every day and at 8am sharp they play the national anthem. The Navy guys stand at attention and all traffic stops til its over. I love that part of the morning.

Mike.........

I miss that! It is phenomenal. Any base around the country does the same thing. MPs stop traffic, and respect just fills the air. Same at Taps. Brings to mind a little anonymous thing I got in email once....

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve - is

someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to

"The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my

life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who

no longer understand it.

Author unknown.

:thumbs: to you my brothers who've served, and the others that would've if they could've. :thumbs:

perry

ya, hats off to them young ladys.

like that new dark helmet avatar :thumbs: .... great movie

T-Mo

That was fantastic. They did a great job. Like it was said, some just butchered that song. I remember when Roseanne Barr sang it and had to do that obscene gesture at the end, it was highly disrespectful.

kpinnc

Finally got to listen to this today at work. My speakers at home are busted.

Still got chills! They did an awesome job! Made me want to stand up and cheer a little too! Wow!

Kevin

Kelly

I love that song, I hear it at the start of every race I run during the summer, they let the locals sing some times and they have been pretty good, but that is very nice. I never served but I was born on at Ft benning GA. my dad was in Korea (1966) and 2 of my brothers have served my dad retired a officer, so ya I know about respect, I"ve lived it all my life and still do.

nylyon

Those girls have done our National Anthem justice. They didn't butcher it like I have heard all too often, maybe I just like my Anthems in Classic Style. But for those who may not know what Francis Scott Key was talking about, I have attached a little history here. Just as these girls have done our Anthem proud, those before us were just as proud of their flag!

hoosier

Thanks Perry. That was well worth the hassle of waiting for my dial-up to load it.

Greg B.

Thank you Karl.

If you've never been to an A-Camp, or counted the birds on their return, as patriotic as you are, there are some of us.....

Greg B.

Brrly1

:D :D:D:P:):o:o:P:o

:thumbs::D:P:D:P:P:D:D:D

This might look dumb but this is the only way to decribe it Karl

Nice Job all the way around, I wished more people would be this way

Patriotic :thumbs: John

whchris

yep mike i know exactly what you mean i couldn't believe that the first day i was down there working on the tomahawk job over the summer

Buzz

Excellent........it brought a tear to my eyes. It has special meanng with my son in Iraq this year. He emailed me last week that he was on a mission with a Marine recon team and a building exploded and collapsed with him and several others in it. He ended up with a broken thumb and assorted cuts and bruises. One of the Marines died in the blast. I asked if he was getting a purple heart for that and he replied that the Marines call those types of injuries "John Kerrys" and wouldn't accept a purple heart if offered. He should be home in May and will probably pay a visit to the show. He lives in Harrisburg and drops in every year.

Nick

Buzz, Good to hear your son is doing ok. I had a cousin over there for a while and was glad when he got out.

Nick in oHIo

chop1.jpg

wesley

Hi buzz am glad your boy is doing ok, we have lost to many of our boys over in that dam place, lets hope it will be over soon , but dont have a lot of faith that is going to happen for a while.

wes