Sign in to follow this  
qd-16

Trans. drive pulley removal help

qd-16

I picked up an 8 speed trans. at an auction to put in my 1057, but I'm having problems removing the drive pulley. I can't figure out how to remove the round disc with the holes in it, I'm guessing that I will need a puller.

The larger holes are not threaded on the outside but are on the pulley behind it. The smaller holes are threaded on the outside disc, this is what leads me to believe that a puller is needed to get it off?

pully001.jpg

pully003.jpg

pully004.jpg

pully005.jpg

ol550

What you have there is not the original pulley. It is a wedgelock. What you wil need to do is thread the two bolts you have already removed into the two tapped holes to force the pulley off the wedge. Once the pulley is off the wdege you can tap a screwdriver into the split in the wedge a little and the wedge should slide off the shaft, if not you may need to use a puller on the wedge. Mike

qd-16

Thanks Mike, I didn't think that was original!

W9JAB

:D you will need to juice it up

with PB-Blast first, as it's so

rusted up.

mytowcents.jpg

clintonnut

That's a browning wedge type sheave. You can't pull them off. If you notice on the front there are 4 holes and 2 are threaded. Put 2 grade 8 1/4" bolts in the holes and tighten them until the wedge pops off. Just don't twist them off. It helps as you tighten them to take a wedge shaped chisel and tap between the two parts.

Charlie

qd-16

After soaking with wd-40 for a day the pulley came off with no effort, thanks everyone for the help! Now I can turn my 1057 into a 1067!

I wish I knew what the transmission was out of but I know there is no way of telling with out the original tractor, it does have the 1 1/8 axles. Al.