Sign in to follow this  
mrocket49

C-175 and C-125 pictures

mrocket49

Hi Folks,

I just finished mowing with the C-175 and thought I'd take some pictures. I bought the 12 hp new in 1984 and it's given me no trouble. I mow 2 1/2 acres so I bought the 17 hp and restored it. The auto gives me more control over the speed while mowing. I also pull behind a Swisher 42" rear discharge mower so I have a total of 84" minus a little overlap of mower width. It takes about 2 hours to mow with no string trimming.

WheelHorses2.jpgWheelHorseC-125.jpg

WheelHorseC-175.jpg

WheelHorses.jpg

stevebo

Mike,

They look good !! Did you do the replacement engine ont he 175 or was it that way when you got it? I am pretty sure that is a series II 17 kolher.

145Automatic

Wow! Thats a sweet pair of black hoods. Those late model C"s hold a special place in my heart. :D

Raider12

Look'n good :D

Wheel Horse Fan

Nice combo. You know where that muffler came from on the C-175?

rickv1957

Nice looking tractors there! :D Rick

mrocket49

When I bought the C-175 used, I didn't know anything about the trouble with the Series 1 engines but I lucked out and it had already been replaced with the Series ll engine. I've since learned about the differences. My lawn is sloped so the original engine would not have lasted long here. I did notice that it doesn't have an engine cradle but the engine is bolted directly to the frame rail. I bought a cradle on Ebay but haven't installed it yet. I'm not sure it would fit, possibly raising the engine too much.

The muffler is the one that came with it. It had a leak around the seam but I was able to braze it closed. Good thing because these Nelson mufflers aren't cheap!

Horse Fanatic

Did you add the electric lift to the 125?

mrocket49

I added the electric lift back in the late 80's.

I had found an electric actuator that I thought I could adapt to fit my Wheel Horse so I went to the dealer to see if he had a factory one and I would compare the size to see if it fit. He brought out one that he took off a new machine that he said didn't work and had to replace so he gave it to me. I got home and took it apart to see if I could fix it. It turned out that it was just jammed. I greased it up, put it back together and it worked fine! I bought all the brackets and switch that I needed and it's been working fine for 20 + years.

jpmcleod

By any chance do you have an extra !75 hood?

bustedglass

Great looking pair :D .

Lawn Ranger kid

Nice tractors. :D

Josh