Sign in to follow this  
Prater

Bad Fuel

Prater

Today was the first day this year for me to get the 416 out. I put her away with fuel problems at the end of pushing snow and ice. Had to keep the choke on full and half throttle of gas after getting a tankful of dirty gasoline. I replaced the filter in the line, pulled the tank of earlier and completely cleaned it out and put in a new shutoff. Today I pulled the bowl off the carb and had about 1/2 inch of mud caked on the bottom. I was able to clean it out and sprayed the carb down with some cleaner. After putting everything back together it was time to push some dirt, talk about a new tractor...felt like I added some cubic inches to that motor, I also added 1/2 bottle of Sea Foam to the gas. Dirtwork was no problem, sorry no pics this time.

gwgdog66

:D What! No pics!?!? Sounds like ya had fun :USA:

Prater

Gary,

Most of my work this year was with a Bobcat. I have been terracing the back patio...

IMG_1931.jpg

gwgdog66

Sweet! That should help with some of the water shed around the house :D

Doubletrouble

Clean fuel always helps. Glad your horse is healthy again.

Prater

Yeah, I still have not figured out how so much dirt got in my fuel can. It was fresh gas, just full of red dirt.

That particular terrace is 60 tons of dirt and 10 thousand pounds of blocks so far. That makes 22 fifteen ton loads of dirt I have replaced since the storm washed out the backyard...

gwgdog66

Yeah, I still have not figured out how so much dirt got in my fuel can. It was fresh gas, just full of red dirt.

:D When I was a little kid, my grandpa whooped me good putting sand in his old Sears Custom 7 :USA:

Prater

I have a feeling it was the kiddo's also...