boatman

:D

I am getting ready to sell my c-125-8 and was noticing it had

a 1 1/8" axle. I was transfering the hitch off the 125 onto my

414-8 and noticed it only had a 1 " axle. do any of the 300 or 400

series tractors have the 1 1/8" axle?

thanks

Raider12puller

The bigger horse power 400 series have the bigger axles.

TT

That's odd - because I thought all of the 414 models had the "big" 110995 8 speed Uni-Drive. :D

145Automatic

The rear axil size for late model Wheel Horse confuses me too. I have two 312 8 speeds one has 1" the other 1 1/8". I also thought that all 400 series had the bigger axil. Sorry to confuse the issue more. :D

boatman

:USA: I was really surprised myself because I thought the

414 would have the heavier axle, I want to get another 300 or

400 series tractor but want it to plow and disc with in garden

and thought it would be better to have the heavier axle for the

hard pulling. :D

HankB

The rear axil size for late model Wheel Horse confuses me too. I have two 312 8 speeds one has 1" the other 1 1/8". I also thought that all 400 series had the bigger axil. Sorry to confuse the issue more. :D

My 314-H has 1 1/8" axles too.

Duff

Because these 8-speed transmissions are plentiful and literally bolt-across replacements for so many models and years of tractors, it is very possible previous owners swapped them around.

I think up until this forum began many people were just plain scared to death of opening up an ailing tranny to check out and fix problems. Through education here, a bunch of us have learned that a trannny rebuild is not particularly difficult and can actually be enjoyable. Nothing like a nice, tight fresh gearbox you've rescued with your own hands!

Duff :D

Raider12

I think up until this forum began many people were just plain scared to death of opening up an ailing tranny to check out and fix problems. Through education here, a bunch of us have learned that a trannny rebuild is not particularly difficult and can actually be enjoyable. Nothing like a nice, tight fresh gearbox you've rescued with your own hands!

For myself it worked just the oppisite. Until the internet came around, finding parts for some of the older tractors was hard to do. I had no choice but to rebuild what I had. But you are right Duff, it is a good feeling whan your through and you did it your self. :D :USA: