Sign in to follow this  
foxys_speedshop

D-200 Rear PTO Question

foxys_speedshop

Hello all, just joined the group and this is my first post. I have a 1979 Wheel Horse D-200 that I bought several weeks ago. It has a 48" side discharge deck that was installed when I bought it. It doesn't have the rear PTO pulley/shaft/bearings assembly but I have purchased one and its on the way.

Here is my question. When the deck is installed and the belt is run under the "Tach-a-Matic" then turns upward to the engine PTO clutch, which groove does it run in? Mine doesn't align perfectly with either and will work in both. The reason I ask is because of the rear PTO staft assembly I have ordered. I need to find out which pulley groove it runs in (forward or rearward position). Also, I have no belt for the rear PTO shaft, could someone please suggest an alternative to the Toro offered belt Part# 103084. Toro's price of $46.54 for the belt indicates it must be infused with the rare element Unobtainium and I really don't need one that fancy. Thanks.

James

Operator

This is going to be a guess, I haven't put my pto shaft in yet either but the mower belt will go on the front groove, the pto belt in the back groove. You sure don't want to have to pull the pto belt to put on the mower belt all the time. And I myself would/will use the special Toro belt instead of afermarket they are a last longer stronger belt. It isn't a very fun place to work on trying to tighten that belt up!

Randy

fireman

If my memory services me I think I remember mine on the front groove. When you get the parts installed you will know for sure. Here is the drawing from Toro:

Attached Image (Click thumbnail to expand)

post-3-1273928497.gif

pfrederi

My D200 with FEL the rear PTO runs on the back pulley (closest to engine...my hydraulic pump on the front. PTO belt is a 5/8 the hydraulic is 1/2

catman81056

74 D160, PTO rear groove, mower front grove. Just reinstalled my deck, Randy hit it on the nose.

As for the belt, I bought a cheapy from Rural King for $3.95, so for I've not had a bit of trouble with it and have done quit abit of tilling with it.

foxys_speedshop

Hello, thanks for the information.

James

rickv1957

Hello and :D All of my Ds have the pto belt in rear groove,Rick

Operator

:D Notice who said - "ALL of my D's" :USA:

Randy