Sign in to follow this  
puddlejumper

new heart

puddlejumper

Fired up an 8horse tonight that has been sitting outside on a commando 8 for two years after replacing coil and condensor I stole off it some time ago It fired right up. Runs much much better than I remembered. Its running in all the pictures. I may need a rectifier. multimeter says everything is alright but all the terminals are gone. Have to see about remedy for that when I get it off. Don't know about the maxwell house air cleaner... may keep that just for funnys :D . was going to take electric start components off off this and put on 7 horse thats on 552 I picked up last weekend but I believe if nothing comes up it will be a 8 horse 552 pretty quick.

Heres pictures

102_1063.jpg

102_1062.jpg

102_1061.jpg

102_1065.jpg

VinsRJ

I like the hi-po air cleaner :D

rustynut

were is new harmony indianer

puddlejumper

Way down south on the banks of the wabash and alittle north of the ohio.

Posey county indiana ( WHERE THE WABASH AND OHIO MEET)

puddlejumper

I moved the 8 horse over today. Didnt get much done in the way of controls and wiring though. Had to change exhaust plumbing didn't realize the 181 had a bigger exhaust port than the 161 which caused me to scratch my head a minute but the exhaust plumbing from a1267 looks pretty good maybe a little long. Took wife to dinner as an excuse to drive to the big city (RADIO SHACK AND RURAL KING) came home and think I fixed my rectifier. It definitely looks better.

102_1067.jpg

102_1068.jpg

Gene_S

Nice job on fixing the terminals!!!

Good luck on the motor swap!

puddlejumper

Well wired up the (852) today. I think its going to be a beast. Had a little trouble figuring out where to put that monster rectifier and keep it under the hood. Finally rectified ( :D ) this problem by bending the mount for the coil and put coil on bottom and rectifier on top with minimal fabbing. Starter button had short to ground had to replace it with one from another tractor along with a switch because I didnt have an old style key for the switch that was in it. Sad news is my quick repair on the fuel tank the night I brought it home is leaking (no real suprise) but tomorrow at work it will get a very very permanent fix. And this portion of the project will be about over.

102_1071.jpg

102_1072.jpg

rickv1957

Nice work there!,Rick

puddlejumper

Well I got the fuel leak fixed and the tractor all together and the drive belt was slipping when under a load. So I put on a inch shorter belt. It hooks up real nice but now doesnt clutch very well. Close but no cigar I believe I can remedy with clutch rod adjusment but it wanted to twist off its rusted up so bad. Soaked it down real well before coming in the house, but i am sure it will need a littleheat persuasion to free it up tomorrow. If Idont twist it off I should have working pictures tomorrow.

102_1165.jpg

puddlejumper

Hurray!!! It mows, pushes and pulls!! Mowed my 2 lots then the oldest took it and mowed one of his paying yards. Brought it home and played some more. Tractor didnt get much of a break today. Couldnt believe what I drained out of the tranny.It was warmed up pretty good when pulled the plug still came out like vanilla pudding. When emptying drain pan few hours later it had set up like cold mollasses.

102_1172.jpg

102_1173.jpg

102_1175.jpg

102_1174.jpg

102_1180.jpg

puddlejumper

Well, brought this thread back to the top even though todays work was mostly on the 753 but it was in preparation of putting another transplant in the 552. But this time back to its original ht55 lauson.

100_1221.jpg

The oldest boy got home around noon from a Boy Scout Weekend and managed to pull two engines and put all the wiring and engine from the 552 into the 753.(He wants to pull a plow with the 753 in about two weeks at the local plow days)He done it all pretty much his self with a lot of aggravating from me in time to go for a joy ride before dark.But he had to be pulled home by a buddy and his 8n (another plow days project) Because the go fast bug caused him to pull loose the throttle cable and out of its outer sleeve.

100_1219.jpg

100_1218.jpg

100_1217.jpg

100_1222.jpg