Sign in to follow this  
hcminis

K121 Carburetor - Help

hcminis

Well...most of you know that I just purchased a Suburban 550 for $100.00. The original motor is not on it but does have a K121 which has been brought to my attention kind of rare. Problem is the engine will only run if I shoot gas directly in to the carburetor. The fuel line to the carb is free flowing. The carb bowl has gas in it. The needle valve appears to be working. Fuel line is somewhat long and could be even with carb which might prevent the flow fast enough. The plastic fitting that is on the carb will not come off or unscrew. Does it pull off? So, what would my next step be? Take the carb completely off and rebuild? IF so, what rebuild kit will I need. OH...before someone asks...yes I had the fuel valve open. I have tried to think of everything but new to the small engine repairs.

Sorry if this has been asked before and thank you all in advance for any and all help. This forum is a very great place and full of great people.

hcminis

Yes sir Chris, copied, downloaded, and printed that out already. Hope that will help. Was just curious if anyone knew why this was happening.