Sign in to follow this  
Carlsbarn

Tire size

Carlsbarn

Any info on speed difference between 23x10.50x12 and 26x10.50x12 tires ? Will larger tire fit without modifications on C-175 ?

KC9KAS

As long as the tires don't hit the fenders or mower deck, or mid mount grager blade, they will fit.....as far as speeding the tractor up a little, I wouldn't think you see much difference.

Kelly

I think thhe 26" tall tire might hit the back of the foot rest, I have 25" tires (from a quad) and they just clear the foot rest and about .5" from rubbing the fenders.

Kelly

And for speed still slow

Raider12

Another thing to keep in mind is that you really need to increase the front tire size to. If you raise the rear alone, your mower deck will not be level. I to have thought of increasing the tire diameter on my 520. I found a set of nice turf tires that are 25" tall. This only riases the the height by 1" total and increase the front tires the same. (I need all new tire any way). Just some food for thought :D

Curmudgeon

You wouldn't have to change front tires to keep the deck level. For one thing, raising the rear of the tractor will have little affect on the deck. The mid mount the deck hooks to, and carries the front of the deck only, is closer to the front tires. The rear of the deck is carried by the gauge wheels on the rear of the deck.

Plus, decks have adjustments on them for level. After the tire swap, simply adjust the deck.

Another clearance issue might be tire to deck. Or tire to gauge wheel on the deck.

Also, where did you find a tire that size? I can only remember 26" tall tires being wider also. But then, it's just what I remember, not what's all out there.

rickv1957

I dont think you would see much if any change in speed,Rick