Sign in to follow this  
puddlejumper

OOps

puddlejumper

A story I shouldnt tell on myself.

When I brought the 550 Home I noticed that the drive belt was slipping with my big butt on the tractor and appeared to be a little long even though the kids werenot having any problems.

So today I stopped and picked up a inch shorter belt came home put it on and squared up the engine a little better with the pulleys. Took it outside eased it up to a tree and it climbed right on up. So I took it out in the street told hunter to watch this. Well there I layed flat of my back trying to get away and catch it all at the same time while it dance around from its rear tires to the back of its seat. it finally died and stood there like a tripod. Sad part is I had warned the kids to be carefull because I new it would do it and then I let it happen to me. :D

mowerman1193

Good thing you didn't get hurt..And now I bet the kids will believe you when you tell them it will flip over, LOL

This reminds me of when I was a kid..We had a ice storm and school was cancled so I got out dads Work Horse GT1600 8 speed out and was playing spinning donuts in the middle of the road. My friends went to get their dads tractors ( one had a 4 x 4 Kubota and the other had a Wheel Horse D-250 ) and we spun around playing etc..later in the day the ice started to melt and so we started popping wheelies. My friend that had the D-250 could get some big wheelies and he was enjoying showing them off..then all of a sudden he got a really big wheelie and when the front came down it busted the front axle in half..His dad was very mad as they had to get a tow truck to come and get it out of the middle of the road and take it home..He never did bring his tractor over again..in fact to be honest I never seen that tractor since that day..Wonder what they ever did with it..Probably still sitting broke in the old barn knowing them..

Kevin

rickv1957

Been there and done that! :D Rick