Sign in to follow this  
rydogg

Farmall H

rydogg

This H belonged to my grandfather he passed away 5years ago so my uncle got the tractor since he had a place to use and keep it but now he is moving and didn't want to take it with him so I asked about it and he talked with my grandmother and they decided to sell it to me for $600. It is a wide front with a stanhoist loader. I drove the tractor from my uncles to my house (about 10 miles) and it didn't miss a beat it purrs like a kitten the only problem was the flat tire I got within the first mile but I wanted to change the tires anyways since it had 11L tires on the front and I wanted skinnys. Here is some pictures. This is my first tractor so any advice is appreciated. Does anyone know what type of fluid should be used in the hydraulics and how to drain the system completely??

4595596948_71c1f91be0_o.jpg

4595596960_2eb3688807_o.jpg

4595596964_9602feffc7_o.jpg

Little_Red

Nice to see it staying in the family :D

mavfreak

On our farm we have all farmalls

2 super As

2 Hs

1 C

1 400

The Hs are the workers we can do just about anything with them. The one has an 8ft sickle bar that is attached at all times. before the 400 came into the family they were used for everything. but that 400 is awesome. It now does the plowing and runs the haybine and bailer.

The H is about perfect for a small farm there isn't anything that it can't do or do not do well.

I do believe it takes any hydraulic fluid. But not sure. I know some older Hs ran a fluid that IH had but not sure if they could be mixed or not. But it would be my guess that any that is around today would just be hydraulic fluid.

nice to see you got to keep it in your family your grandpa would be happy.

rickv1957

Nice looking H there! :D Rick

bustedglass

My Grandpaw had a Farmall. Had a narrow front end and somehow you could adjust the rear wheels in or out. Dont know how, I was only 9 or 10 years old at the time, and that was 50 years ago :USA: .

All I know is, I was somebody when Grandpaw or my Dad let me drive (steer) it.

Great looking H you got there :D .

piecrazy4

Nice tractor looks like factory wide front. What is the serial number and what year is it?

rydogg

Could be factory wide front. How do you tell? I will get the serial numbers off of it today since I am gonna be doing some degreasing and changing the gear oil and motor oil. Its a 1944.